Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Apple TV problem with Sky Go. Heeeeeelp

edited September 2012 in Troubleshooting
I'm staying at friends and want to watch the match on their TV using Sky Go thru my iPad and Apple TV but can only get sound and no picture. BBC iPlayer and UTube show picture and sound with no probs.

Anyone got any useful suggestions on why Sky Go won't work?

Comments

• I'm not sure if it's the same with AppleTV but when using a HDMI cable to go from iPad to TV, Sky actually block it within the app. If it is the same then you'd need to jailbreak.
  • cafcpolo said:

I'm not sure if it's the same with AppleTV but when using a HDMI cable to go from iPad to TV, Sky actually block it within the app. If it is the same then you'd need to jailbreak.

I've been using sky go on macbook plugged into a tv for the last year and had no probs with sound or picture
  • buckshee said:

cafcpolo said:

I'm not sure if it's the same with AppleTV but when using a HDMI cable to go from iPad to TV, Sky actually block it within the app. If it is the same then you'd need to jailbreak.

I've been using sky go on macbook plugged into a tv for the last year and had no probs with sound or picture
    It's usually fine on PCs, consoles, etc...It's off the iPhone & iPad it's generally blocked. I think they spout some crap about licensing rights. Don't see the difference myself.

• You can't run Sky Go from an iPad to Apple TV over Airplay, cause Sky have blocked it
  • hmm, use a vga converter for the ipad instead?