Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tim Lovejoy to present 606

Lifelong football fan and former hooligan Tim Lovejoy is to present Radio 5 Live's football phone-in "606" tonight.
I give up with the BBC! It's bad enough with the likes of Alan Green and obscure DJ's doing it, not to mention former hosts like Littlejohn, Mellor and Baker.
As far as I am concerned the only bloke who does a decent job on there is Ray Stubbs.
Talking of radio, I see one of our celeb fans, Bushell got in trouble in Talksport over anti-gay remarks. The bloke is a prat but the world is too sensitive IMO.

Comments

• hooligan Tim Lovejoy - not heard that, whats that all about?
  • Bring back Baker!

I know he's a spanner but was a better 606 host that any that have followed him.
  • edited August 2007
    I listened to the last one Danny Baker did before he got the sack and it was hilarious, he tore into a Palace fan, swore at his producer and generally chaos ruled!!

Richard Littlejohn was crap on 606 but writes a good newspaper column and is superb at winding lefties up
  • love joy, hooligan, lolololololololol

that has cracked me up!
  • Yeah whats all that about??!! A wind up surely??
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]love joy, hooligan, lolololololololol

that has cracked me up!

He's a plastic Chelski fan. What a waste of space
  • Lovejoy on 5live, Terry Christian on Talksport.

Adult post-match phone in shows RIP
  • i hate him, what an absolute pilchard the guy is! the melt is everywhere nowadays, even on sunday morning tele! smarmy git!
  • I cant stand the bloke surley the producers of this show know people think he is smarmy
  • I don't like him either, when he had his chat show Martin Freeman (Tim in The Office) made him look a total prick. Lovejoy had a Ramones shirt on and Martin asked him if he could name one album. He couldn't. Twat!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I don't like him either, when he had his chat show Martin Freeman (Tim in The Office) made him look a total prick. Lovejoy had a Ramones shirt on and Martin asked him if he could name one album. He couldn't. Twat!

Just like he couldn't recall anything about Chelski from more than four years ago
  • I've got a Motorhead t-shirt .... dont even like Bryan Adams let alone Mororhead
  • Quality news! Lovejoy wears his heart on his sleeve with football and will provoke alot more discussion than most presenters.
  • [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I've got a Motorhead t-shirt .... dont even like Bryan Adams let alone Mororhead

But he thinks he is the oracle of all things musical mate
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I've got a Motorhead t-shirt .... dont even like Bryan Adams let alone Mororhead

But he thinks he is the oracle of all things musical mate

Only joshing
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]I cant stand the bloke surley the producers of this show know people think he is smarmy[/quote]

That didn't stop the BBC employing David Mellor.
  • For some unknown reason Mellor has a football coulmn in the London Evening Standard. He knows nothing about football at all. Sums that rag up.
  • that little sub saharan bushell can be quite funny.
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Quality news! Lovejoy wears his heart on his sleeve with football and will provoke alot more discussion than most presenters.
    Brilliant. lol
  • There seems to be a constant characteristic for all these presenters (Stubbs asides) in that they are all tossers. Perhaps it is a requirement of the job?

Let's try it with Stephen Fry:

SF: "So, young man, given the circuitous nature of the Tevez debacle and perhaps the latter ramifications of the fiscal aspects of the whole matter should Richard Scudamore renunciate his position?"

Caller: "Do wot?"
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    Let's try it with Stephen Fry:

SF: "So, young man, given the circuitous nature of the Tevez debacle and perhaps the latter ramifications of the fiscal aspects of the whole matter should Richard Scudamore renunciate his position?"

Carter: "Do wot?"
  • Lovejoy is a tosser and Spooney can hardly string a sentence together. I agree Danny Baker was the best phone in presenter, although I don't actually mind Alan Green.

I don't know if any of you lot listen to The Times The Game Podcast, but that has gone down the toilet now that Danny Kelly has left - he would be a far better bet to do 5Live 606.
  • Tom Watts?
  • Anyone listen to Tim? I was out on the lash.
  • Lovejoy a ex Hooligan dont make me laugh
  • Alan Green FFS I can't stand the man he drones on and on and on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Littlejohn is just a total tool
  • the worst has got to be Adrian Charles when he did the wednesday nights
  • I'm gonna go against the grain and say I actually like Lovejoy, I met him a few times and each time he hasn't failed to make me laugh and generally just be a nice feller! I know my head's out the water somewhat but I thought i'd give the guy my backing!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I'm gonna go against the grain and say I actually like Lovejoy, I met him a few times and each time he hasn't failed to make me laugh and generally just be a nice feller! I know my head's out the water somewhat but I thought i'd give the guy my backing!

Damn right! The legend that is Tim Lovejoy deserves some respect!

Amen brother.
  • Glad i'm not on my own Mr Stunt!