Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shaun Derry

edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Shaun Derry want,s to leave Q.P.R,would be a good addition or wage,s could be too expensive?

Comments

• Could be a good signing
  • edited September 2012
    I'd love him at CAFC .. real tough guy/super pro .. not too good to watch but effective at what he does
  • Too much Palace in him for my liking.
  • He lives local
  • I can't stand him
  • I dont think his palace days would matter,if he was being paid by CAFC.
  • Would be just want the doctor ordered.
  • I suggested him a few weeks ago, as the sort of player we needed, an experience defensive holding midfielder, I'm not sure whether his Palaceness would be a help or a hindrance though...
  • One thing I asked myself after Palace was whether we were being naive in not having a Jedinak-type player in our squad. You know, one of those players with limited ability who's main role appears to be blocking off runners, pulling shirts and mouthing off at the referee.

Derry would certainly fill that role. A while since I've seen him play so I don't know whether he's still the player who helped QPR to promotion from this league.

I agree. Matt Svensson was arguably okay but other than that cannot think of any ex-Palace since David Whyte who have come here and exceeded (obviously not including returning heroes Morts and John Humphrey, or Chris Powell and Rhys Wiggins who got out before they were tarnished).

Find it very difficult to warm to any former Nigels in our side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Regardless of if he's too "Palace" or not, the guys a carthorse, and 35. No thanks
  • edited September 2012
    Don't think he would pass the Charlton Life pace test.

I'd have him though.
  • big no thanks from me, too old, got a beard, not very good
  • MrLargo said:

Too much Palace in him for my liking.

I agree. Matt Svensson was arguably okay but other than that cannot think of any ex-Palace since David Whyte who have come here and exceeded (obviously not including returning heroes Morts and John Humphrey, or Chris Powell and Rhys Wiggins who got out before they were tarnished).

Pardew (the player) did reasonably, John Salako and Mark Bright weren't bad either
  • I'd have him holding in front of the back 4 all day long for us
  • Would be very good.
  • Not sure how I would feel he is a palace boy verging on legend

We need a tough tackling motivating midfielder but there must be better than him
    With no links to them or very little links to them

• I really don't understand this fixation some people have with not having anything to do with anyone who has played for Palace. It is totally irrational.
  • I really don't understand this fixation some people have with not having anything to do with anyone who has played for Palace. It is totally irrational.

My thoughts entirely.

Wish we hadn't taken on their ex-manager a few years ago though!
  • MrLargo said:

Too much Palace in him for my liking.

Pardew (the player) did reasonably, John Salako and Mark Bright weren't bad either
    Fair point, I thought someone would probably correct me (although didn't mention Pardew as he was with us before David Whyte). Still don't want him though!
  • Sponsored links:

Football aint Rational though is it

grown men getting wound up by other men kicking a ball

• Lacks pace and is getting on. So no thankyou.

Yep, not an advocate of taking on anybody from palice

Agree with that but afraid I fall in that bracket
  • At least he's not called Nigel
  • No way palace scum plus he's two bob. As for the fixation post can't remember the last player we got from that mob that was any good in charlton short.
    Anyone name one
  • He was slow and a cart horse when he was in his twenties!!!

I really hope we don't get stuck with him

Oh and palace love him
  • Pleeeese noooo.
  • I think he would be an excellent signing. Yes, ex-Palace but so what. So's Chris Powell
  • Carter said:

He was slow and a cart horse when he was in his twenties!!!

I really hope we don't get stuck with him

Oh and palace love him

I imagine QPR fans love him as well, seeing that he was a key player in their promotion. As he was slow when young, he can't lose his pace!