Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs. Blackburn | 29th September 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

WSSWSS
edited September 2012 in General Charlton
Introduction

A much welcomed victory over Ipswich last time out for Charlton saw us creep out of the early-doors relegation zone with both Johnnie Jackson and Ricardo Fuller getting their first goals of the current campaign. Next up are the very epitome of a basket case club – Blackburn Rovers. The chicken loving owners have been running the Lancashire club in what only can be described mental ways for a while now – ultimately resulting in their relegation from the top-tier of English football last season.

Steve Kean (just about) remains at the helm of the team although his position seems to be about as stable as a Danny Haynes hamstring. Despite that, Rovers remain a favourite for promotion and a third place position in the league so far suggests that they are on course – even if only one man and his dog have been turning out to watch them.

The Team

Last week’s team at Ipswich was switched around by Chris Powell, firstly by a long-term injury to fan favourite Yann Kermorgant and secondly by lacklustre previous performances. Moving Johnnie Jackson into the centre of the park and giving Salim Kerkar his first start seemed to give the Addicks extra impetus alongside Danny Green who is grabbing his chance on the right as if a pair of brand new GHDs were the prize for a good performance.

A new on-loan striker is hoped for before Saturday’s encounter especially with Ricardo Fuller still building up his fitness due to a lack of pre-season. That being said, expect the former Stoke man to line up alongside Bradley Wright-Phillips who will be hoping to end a five game scoring drought.

Wiiilllsssooonnn will be hoping to continue to grow in confidence forcing Chris Solly to the left-back position once again, can this continue until the new year? We’re not too sure up here in Preview Towers. Everything else should remain the same, injury dependant.

The Opponents

The eight-million pound signing of Jordan Rhodes raised a few eyebrows when the transfer was completed but with six goals already in the Championship, the capture could prove to be invaluable should Blackburn make an immediate return to the Premier League. The other notable signings by Steve Kean (or by some Asian businessman) are former Charlton midfielder Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu and Portuguese legend – Nuno Gomes (4 goals so far). There is an obvious attacking threat to Rovers, yet they remain vulnerable at the back, conceding on average 2.33 goals away from the desolate surroundings of Ewood Park.

Prediction

Despite the craziness of the club, Blackburn’s quality is undeniable. A quick start, dictation of play and an early goal needs to be on the agenda for Chris Powell’s men on Saturday or it could be a long afternoon. Will we get it? I’m not too sure. 2-2.

Come on you reds!

Comments

• Charlton 2-0 Blackburn

Stephens and Green with the goals
  • They've got better players than us but hopefully the offield trouble has an impact on their performance.

2-2
  • 3-2 to the Addicks, Fuller,BWP and Jackson. Steve kean to get sacked the next day.
  • 1 v 0 Charlton. Fuller
  • Desmond tutu.

But morro needs to have young Jordan in his sky rocket again just like last year
  • 3-2 charlton
  • Unchanged team for Charlton .. Blackburn's confidence is very fragile, morale is too low for what is essentially a strong team and club, especially after a defeat by Boro. We're playing them @ the right time:

CAFC 2 v Blackburn Rovers 0
  • my birthday saturday, a quality 3-1 win pls, Fuller 2 and Morrison
  • Nicholas said:

3-2 to the Addicks, Fuller,BWP and Jackson. Steve kean to get sacked the next day.

Really wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Have more managers been sacked after being beaten by "little old us" or is it just my imagination?

3-1 to us. COYR!!!
  • I fancy us for this one.
    Rhodes the only danger, but we've played him before.
    Looking forward to watching Murphy melt!
    I think 2-0 maybe 2-1 to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Danny Green who is grabbing his chance on the right as if a pair of brand new GHDs were the prize for a good performance.

Great line !

In the East for this one and looking forward to what I expect to be a good, attacking end to end game. Would leave this one out of an accy, can't really split any of the three potential outcomes.

Really hoping to see Kerkar impress. If him and Green both find form wide we could become a very decent side to watch.

• I just think they have a bit too much for us - man for man they are a better side and I think it will show.
    No shame at all in that, and they will beat lots of teams this year. 0-2.

If we can get a point, we should see it as an excellent result.
  • Watershed game. We've been both decent and very poor. Home defeat not an option so I'm going for a steady 1 - 1 against a decent enough team. Still concerned we have not signed a centre midfielder. Serious error if we can't or don't.
  • I'm going for a thrilling 0-0 draw with lots of goalmouth incidents. Both goalkeepers being named as candidates for Man of the Match.

Just read that back to myself before posting and realised if that actually happens I will be amazed. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet so let's hope BWP & Fuller are wearing their lucky pants.
  • Although they've got undoubted quality B'burn are there for the taking right now with all the off-field shenanigans.

An entertaining 3-2 to the Addicks...Kean gone by Monday. COYR!!!
  • Darren Deadman,Referee.
  • 2-3 Blackburn .... Even though it hurts to say it ... Proper fight and great performance just unlocked by superior players ...
  • Charlton 0 v 3 Blackburn. Hope I'm wrong though
  • First game of the season for me. Really looking forward to it. 1-1 for me and another solid point in the bag.
  • WSS said:

Danny Green who is grabbing his chance on the right as if a pair of brand new GHDs were the prize for a good performance.

Great line !

In the East for this one and looking forward to what I expect to be a good, attacking end to end game. Would leave this one out of an accy, can't really split any of the three potential outcomes.

Really hoping to see Kerkar impress. If him and Green both find form wide we could become a very decent side to watch.

I don't recall seeing your clearance form, does the tartan on your flask match your blanket?
  • Sponsored links:

• my birthday saturday, a quality 3-1 win pls, Fuller 2 and Morrison

3 points on Saturday followed by Europe spanking the Yanks in the good old US of A !

Have a great birthday weekend !
  • 2-1 charlton, fuller and cort
  • edited September 2012
    Charlton win 2-1. Fuller and Green with the goals, Rhodes for them. Kean sacked, Blackburn fans love us for the rest of their lives.
  • if the players are with Kean then they will be up for it and we'll loose, however if not I can see us with a 2-1.
  • 2-1 Blackburn.
  • Charlton Athletic v Blackburn Rovers
    DARREN DEADMAN
    John Scott and Oleksandr Saliy
    Fourth Official Tim Robinson
  • I'm over for this one, love to see a win, and I'm looking forward to seeing Fuller play.

have us for a 2-1 win.
  • Fuller to disguise, mesmerise and equalise 1-1
  • I think we need to get at them from the off, keep it tight at the back and keep 'em on the backfoot. If we do this we could get a result but if we sit back it'll be trouble. Head tells me a Desmond but heart would love a win. Fuller and BWP to score.
  • Narrow win to Blackburn