Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Referee Deadman back on Saturday!!!

Mark my words there will be cards galore if we put in the tackles. We need to watch these and let Blackburn put them in as this referee is lethal.

He booked 9 and sent 2 off last season at the Valley for the Sheff Utd match. I really hope he doesn't spoil the game...

On his day he can be good but I'm not hopeful for Saturday.

Comments

• Fingers crossed
  • Mark my words there will be cards galore if we put in the tackles. We need to watch these and let Blackburn put them in as this referee is lethal.

He booked 9 and sent 2 off last season at the Valley for the Sheff Utd match. I really hope he doesn't spoil the game...

On his day he can be good but I'm not hopeful for Saturday.

How many of the bookings and sendings off were incorrect?

If players break the rules they will get cards.
  • Didn't say they were wrong although some were extremely harsh! What annoys me is the difference in tolerance with referees. I hate inconsistency.
  • Also the players play a part in the number of cards with ridiculous tackling and dissent so its not all the referees fault.

We had a good season last year in the number of suspensions for accumulating yellows so its down to the manager to instill discipline.
  • Certainly something Parkinson didn't do!
  • Deadman used to be my bank manager - gave me a straight red once for breaching my overdraft limit.
  • I hate inconsistency.

And you're a cafc fan?
  • He is my son-in-law's cousin.
  • Let's hope he sends off Wilson. Joke.
  • Let's hope he sends off Wilson. Joke.

And leave us with ten men. Joke comment if you want to see one of your own players sent off.

• Sponsored links:

• Mr deadman's recent game at Crawley against Portsmouth put him in a very bad light on how to referee a game.
  • Apart from being a little fussy and too quick on the whistle a couple of times, I thought Mr Deadman did reasonably well yesterday.
  • Someone needs to teach him how to play an advantage - 3 times he got too excited and blew when he should have played on
  • Thought he had a good game apart from the couple of advantages he missed. The linesman on the East side however........
  • Didn't do as badly as I feared given his past record! Sometimes he blew the whistle when I thought advantage would/had been played and poor old Bradley would have to get hit in the face with a sledgehammer before being given a foul but that is symptomatic of the refs at this level rather than a fault specific to Deadman I think.
  • Someone needs to teach him how to play an advantage - 3 times he got too excited and blew when he should have played on

This. Found it bloody frustrating. Apart from that I thought he had a decent game (although I thought the penalty looked a bit soft).

People moan about referees being inconsistant, but that's the human element to the game, which makes it more interesting (imo). We all see things differently (for an example, look at the match ratings thread), and just like players, they also have a stinker now and then.
  • He is more lenient with the cards now, if we take yesterday as the measure, but he has to learn to try to let the game flow, and he can always pull back play for a free kick if there is no advantage.
  • He knows the laws, but he does not know the game.