Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Price Of Football

Comments

• Millwall must be desperate, they've stopped charging for anything.
  • £2 for a cup of tea!!
  • Millwall are still trying to work out the questions. Could be some time yet before they give out the answers. Bless.
  • Man Citeh at £275 is very very good!
    It's cheaper than L1 Crawley Town!
  • Isn't our cheapest matchday ticket £5!! Thus making the cheapest day out £12.80....Bloody bargain
  • Well currently are season ticket prices look good, are cheapest puts us 7th cheapest in the division and are most expensive season ticket is the 5th cheapest. Which shows what good value it is to watch Charlton. But now Mr Everrit has gone how long before the new management try to screw us.
  • palarse are you having a laugh?!
  • Lowest priced season ticket - 5th
    highest priced season ticket - 3rd
    Lowest priced single ticket - 5th
    Highest priced single ticket - 4th

great value especially in London
  • £2 for a cup of tea!!

Hence all the flasks.

Isn't our cheapest matchday ticket £5!! Thus making the cheapest day out £12.80....Bloody bargain

sales promotions don't count, and not as if you have to have pie,programme and cuppa anyway.

• Seeing some of those prices I fear for the future of the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is people do complain but still pay those prices including for a pie and cup of team.

If fans stopped making themselves spend so much would the clubd learn?
  • Really don't understand how Barnet justify charging £300-£400 for a season ticket.

City's most expensive season ticket is cheaper than the cheapest one at Spurs!

• Saga Lout said:

Seeing some of those prices I fear for the future of the game.

You would think so but attendances have stayed fairly flat for the past 10 years. I presume the clubs will push it as far as they can as undoubtedly there will be a cut off where people finally say enough is enough.

Whilst people are still willing to pay those prices, clubs would be silly not trying to maximise their revenue.
  • The big clubs don't rely on the revenue through the gates potentially with the TV deal etc.
  • The article barely scratches the surface. Hundreds of thousands of season ticket holders across the country pay for subscription telly each month, and a big reason is to see their clubs in action. Travel expenses alone, unless you walk, surely makes up quite a bit over a season. From my experience, fuel and parking alone would be about £15 a match.

However it is nice to see it justified in print just how good value for money Charlton is.
  • colthe3rd said:

Saga Lout said:

Seeing some of those prices I fear for the future of the game.

You would think so but attendances have stayed fairly flat for the past 10 years. I presume the clubs will push it as far as they can as undoubtedly there will be a cut off where people finally say enough is enough.

Whilst people are still willing to pay those prices, clubs would be silly not trying to maximise their revenue.
    I think that is a very sad, but very true view of the situation. Welcome to 2012, grab what you can while you can, and to hell with tomorrow...

City's most expensive season ticket is cheaper than the cheapest one at Spurs!

Someone from Citeh was on the radio this morning, they have 5000 season tickets at £275 which is quite impressive. I guess being owned by billionaires, they don't have to grab as much as possible from the supporters.

It's worth noting that Wigan have by far the cheapest tickets in the PL (cheaper than most Championship clubs indeed), but still have poor attendances.
  • I'm very happy overall with the cost of watching Charlton. I paid whatever the going rate was for early renewal of the season ticket (£240 ish I think), my travel costs are negligable as we usually travel with a disabled fan who has a converted people carrier and parking in the ground. I sometimes grab a burger outside the ground before the match (£2.50) and very occasionally a drink inside but we usually bring a Thermos instead. Overall I'm probably paying about £12-15 a match, which I think is pretty damn good!

To be fair at Crawley you're nearer to the goal at the other end of the pitch than you are to the nearest goal to you at City for the £275 STs.

• Sponsored links:

• It also begs the question, how come so many bin dippers can afford £725 a season.
  • Good grief, Partick's cheapest season ticket is £265. My first one was £30. Getting old.

Shocking piece of research though, if they'd bothered to google it they could have found the prices for the non-respondents, spectacularly lazy to publish it like that.

Don't really get the moral outrage over these things. If people think it's too expensive, don't go. If crowds fall enough they'll change pricing. Whining about it and paying it, isn't constructive. The evidence that club owners have is that crowds are up on the pre-premiership days. When I first came to London I used to just go to any game I fancied and paid at the gates. It was a lot cheaper and there were less people there. The crowds were much less than today, so it's difficult to reconcile this with the view that the common man is being priced out. Despite all the whining people don't want to support cheap non-league sides, they want glossy premiership football for no money.

Also back in those dark days you had MOTD on a Saturday and the odd midweeker. Now you get a lot more with digital channels and can opt to pay for a sports package. If it costs too much don't have it. It's not a basic human right and it's not as if this is something that football fans had in the 90s and have had taken away from them.
  • 5 Premier League clubs' most expensive ticket is cheaper than Chelsea's cheapest ticket. Go figure.
  • Ross said:

17 Premier League clubs' most expensive ticket are cheaper than Arsenal's cheapest ticket. Go figure.

EFA

• Luton town are taking the piss a bit £270 for cheapest and £515 for most expensive, for what...a crap ground in the conference.
  • £15 to see Dartford isn't exactly a bargain either when our cheapest tickets are only £5 more!
  • Pretty shite survey, makes it difficult to accurately compare.
  • edited October 2012

£15 to see Dartford isn't exactly a bargain either when our cheapest tickets are only £5 more!

To be fair, Dartford is a nice ground with a nice drop of real ale in the bar. I know a bunch of guys that get down there to watch the Sky midday kick-off in the bar, watch the Dartford game, then are back in the club bar for the late kick-off.