Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serbia ban 2 players following U21 brawl

The Serbian Football Association has suspended Nikola Ninkovic and Ognjen Mudrinski for a year.

The duo cannot play in any Serbian national team in that time after brawling after their 1-0 defeat to England Under-21s on 16 October.

Ninkovic, 17, and Mudrinski, 20, were involved in the melee following the full-time whistle in Krusevac.

Goalkeeping coach Srdjan Maksimovic and conditioning coach Andreja Milutinovic have been handed two-year bans.

Uefa charged the Football Associations of England and Serbia in the wake of the game, where England's black players were racially abused.

In a statement on their website, the Serbian FA (FSS) said: "Having reviewed the television footage of the incidents, the FSS disciplinary committee decided to ban Ninkovic and Mudrinski from playing for Serbia at any level for a period of one year.

"Also, staff members Srdjan Maksimovic and Andreja Milutinovic have been banned from their coaching duties at any level for Serbia for two years. All four have violated the FSS ethics and fair-play code."

The FSS initially denied any form of racism towards the England players, but subsequently called an investigation in which all of the players and staff involved were asked to give statements.

Players from both teams clashed on the pitch following the final whistle amid accusations of racism from the stands towards England left-back Danny Rose.

The cases will be dealt with at a meeting of Uefa's control and disciplinary body on November 22.

Comments

• Right, thats that done and dusted then!
  • Damage limitation - trying to show FIFA that they have taken tough action. Clearly hoping FIFA will be swayed into overlooking the racist incidents. Hope they aren't fooled, but not holding my breath.
  • Didn't happen. Clearly.
  • Just confirms eufa is a racist organization basically ... Overlooks all racist activity by groups of fans ...
  • edited October 2012
    mascot88 said:

Just confirms eufa is a racist organization basically ... Overlooks all racist activity by groups of fans ...

EUFA havent got involved yet, this is the Serbian FA going through the motions to make it look as though they dealt with it themselves, ( which is a bit odd as they had previously denied everything) before the disciplinary meeting with EUFA. Hopefully this wont satisfy them (EUFA or FIFA)- but it probably will with maybe a sizeable fine.
  • edited October 2012
    It's all bent out of shape ... They should be getting hammered ... But instead it's all token rubbish... Hence why the overarching bodies are racist ... IMHO ... Truth is irrelevant ...
  • Why don't you wait and see what they have to say first?
  • edited October 2012
    Curb_It said:

Why don't you wait and see what they have to say first?

Чули смо ништа. Нико у Србији је расиста

• Hey everyone! Look how not racist we are! Two of our worst young players are banned for a whole year!

(actual racism may vary, please check monkey chants for exact racism)
  • mascot88 said:

It's all bent out of shape ... They should be getting hammered ... But instead it's all token rubbish... Hence why the overarching bodies are racist ... IMHO ... Truth is irrelevant ...

Don't know where to go with this kind of thought process.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Curb_It said:

Why don't you wait and see what they have to say first?

Чули смо ништа. Нико у Србији је расиста

Right, you've got me. I even turned my phone upside down.

What's it mean?

• HAHAHAHAHAH
  • Well ...the chanting is openly racist ... So erm ... Let's see the punishments.... That's the way it works isn't it?
  • Its not no. They do a full and proper investigation into the whole of the events. They never come straight out and say you were wrong - unlike the Serbian FA who immediately did and have now backtracked.

Lets wait and see before making accusations like you have. If the punishment is weak then you can.

• Alright.... Ive not been following it super closely, as I am expecting the same rubbish as usual similar to the SWP abuse I witnessed first hand in Spain... It's politics rather than truth and just punishment... As usual ... If anything significant happens I'll be very surprised ... As for our players being banned, shouldn't there be some kind of scenario where if the wholestadium racial abuses you thou get a pass, to penalise him I thought was ridiculous... So these muppets at the top of the game have already started of on the wrong foot as far as I'm concerned... Maybe I could put my cigarette out on one of their arms and then pretend I didn't do it ...

But I'll say it again, I havnt been following it super closely as im over here so I don't know the full ins and outs... So fell free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Is anyone expecting any significant punishment? Ban for Serbia from the world cup qualifiers etc...