Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big thanks to CL folk for your help and patience

Hi

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all on CL. We have been hammering this site a little, the forums are the main electronic way we can get our message out as we don't have access to any official club outlets.

60 or so committed Addicks fans once stood in an election for the Valley Party and stood up for what they believed in, that SE7 is our home, and the rest is history.

Now 20 years on CASTrust will launch on 5.12.12 two decades to the day of our first match back. We have over a thousand supporters and followers, a new website with members area and login, membership scheme, Professional and popular newsletter - e version is free to all subscribers/members - bank account, and will be fully incorporated any day now. Come and join us at Bartram's next week for our launch. We are not a clique from here or any other forum, or alligned to any particular view or grouping. We are dedicated committed ordinary fans who love this club who want to do what we can to help this club now and in the future, and will continue to work hard to demonstrate this.

What can we achieve? We will continue to listen to fans and build up our network so that we can go to a successful AGM early next year and elect a full board and hopefully give fans a voice. We are already working with and listening to suporters groups with the common aim of strengthening CAFCs fan base. We will also try and build a positive relationship with the Charlton board, so that we can offer assistance to the club towards our common aim of bringing continued success to the Valley.

Please do check out the new site, we are trying to make it a useful resource for fans so you keep coming back.

All the best

Barnie (razil) Razzell - interim chair, CAS Trust

www.castrust.org

Comments

• Have to say Barnie, I'm really impressed with your determination and organisation and the new site looks great.

Can you just confirm that the the launch event on the 5th is open access and not by ticket.

• Non ticket will be places on night
  • Have to endorse what Barnie has said....." We are not a clique from here or any other forum, or alligned to any particular view or grouping. We are dedicated committed ordinary fans who love this club who want to do what we can to help this club now and in the future, and will continue to work hard to demonstrate this."
    Charlton are a special club, they have a culture where the fan's have had a supporters director, and the club have supported the community in so many ways over the past years. Football has changed greatly over the years, and the financial factor has distorted the way so many club's have had to react and compete. At the present moment in time I feel the club needs to have a meaningful engagement with the supporters: there customers. Hopefully the trust can be in the forefront to represent the ordinary fan. The excellent work that so many of the supporters groups have done, and continue to do, by supporting Charlton through hard times of the past few years, when many walked away from the glory day's. Charlton have a big job on there hands to attract back some of those supporters, and attracting new fan's. The excellent season of last year, and the steady progress this year with what I believe is a committed manager gives us a bright future to march on to the higher levels of football, and compete in that league in the near future. I have joined the trust to support CAFC, the team, the players, and the manager.
    I hope the club does respond in meaningful dialogue with the trust, working with fans, has to be the way forward for CAFC.
    This is your trust, please come on board.
  • razil said:

We are not a clique ......

You can't belong to a Clique if you haven't got a badge.

;o)

• Yes Barnie has been absolutely instrumental in getting the trust up and running. No small thing he's done for us Addicks. Thank you.
  • Is that Barnie sitting down?
  • Oggy Red said:

Is that Barnie sitting down?

Yep that's him.

• I just have a big gob, plenty of work done by plenty of others
  • Top work guys. Just signed up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just signed up too. Top work guys, great site.