Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train to Colchester

edited September 2007 in Match Day Travel
Big time leaving the car at home for this one!Who else is going by train.i have not been to Colchester since that cup game back in the 80's!

Comments

• snap,did we win 2 1 there,rember walking round the side to behind the goal.
  • yes we did win iam sure of it
  • i was about 8
  • i was about 18
  • what year was it mate
  • about 84 fella
  • they were the days,when our chaps wore sergio tachinni tshirts in the middle of winter in barnsley drinking lager from a plastic pint .
  • It was 1-0 mate.

They battered us for 85 minutes, Hales got sent off then Dickenson crossed form the left, it hit a defender and trickled through the keepers legs. Don't think it even made the net.

I remember the wooden stand falling apart and getting crushed when we scored. I was about 15.
  • i was ten then if it was 84
  • the days when we always were assured of nomore than two away wins,seemed always to beat leicster away in those days,probably me talking bertie bollocks
  • Sponsored links:

• I was not that brave i would have had a sergio t shirt on under my padded sergio jacket!lol
  • nolly, you come across so much older than you do.
    even im older than you.
  • good gear then,kappa jumpers were a fav of mine,had some poor choices though,deerstalker hat and farrahs come to mind
  • curb it when i was a chavvy i was going away,done most in the 80s,used to go on lonesome sometimes from ten onwards,bunked it to oxford once and caught a bunch of nettles right up my ass as i was wearing tennis shorts and seemed to have a allergy to em as my whole body including the chevvy went bright red.
  • i loved those days.
  • Train for me as well, a quick pint in the Hamilton Hall b4 the train
  • definitely training it
  • Staying at the in laws in Ipswich will be getting a train down from Ipswich, scheduled meeting with clients in Ipswich and Maldon so we can get petrol paid on the old expenses......happy days
  • watch out for those Palarse ultras on their way to Naaaaaaaaaarwich.
  • Medders is going to get his funbags funbus out for this i think
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2007
    think we might go from stratford, jump on the jub line to stratford and then from there. via big breakfast down the Dome!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Medders is going to get his funbags out for this i think

You wish, toilet duck....

;-)
  • Just booked 2 train tickets for colchester.Depart Stratford 15/09/07 11.15am Arrive Colchester 12.06-Depart Colchester 17.33-Arrive Stratford 18.24 £17.40 for adult booking number 08704111111 best to book asap this train goes direct to colchester tickets are posted to your home within 3-5 days
  • god im excited! cant remember last away game... er i do it just came flooding back.

tottenham away last season :-(
  • Would think it maybe easier for a lot of those going to go from Stratford.
  • bear in mind that colchester station is an absolute mission from the ground (complicated 40min walk easy)
    and that the nearer station (colchester town) is only rarely served a couple of times per hour...
  • it is 15-20 mins max spoke to a cutomer i know there and also just rang colchester fc both said 15-20 mins at the max
  • in the programme it says its a long walk.

it also mentions 4 adult group save train ticket, is that just through syd cheesewright or can anyone get on that? be well handy for us if so! £11 each!
  • Programme said roughly £5 in a cab.
  • sorry i am wrong colchester mainline is 40 min walk they meant colchester town