Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coventry trains and getting to the ground

edited September 2007 in Match Day Travel
Anyone got an idea on how much the trains are to Cov? also is the Ricoh arena is easy to get to?

Comments

• apparently you need to catch a bus (or taxi) from the station as it's bloody miles away
  • The stadiums only about five miles from Coventry station, they do loads of buses on match days. I dont know if they do the thing with bus tickets on your tickets like Saints do, but there was a load of kerfuffle when the stadium was built that it should have proper transport links so they sorted extensive buses, including pick ups from the city centre and pubs.

Ill be travelling across from Birmingham for this one so hope to meet up with a lot of you again.
  • Only £20 return at the moment, and an hour from Euston, so getting to cov at 1.40, and home on the 6.50. Easy
  • edited September 2007
    It is a fair distance but if your splitting between 4 should not be a great deal.

Had a quick glance yesterday at train fares for this one and it was about £40. from darkest kent

If your driving it is right on top of the M something.
  • when we playing them
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]when we playing them[/quote]

Sat 29th Sept, 3PM KO.
  • Think Monty could be wheeled out for this Game me thinks...!
  • New ground, short trip up M1, Dowie, top of the table clash. Nah, only going if the club lay on free travel for all the fans : - )
  • henry irving r u an armchair supporter ?
  • [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]henry irving r u an armchair supporter ?

No, I prefer football to furniture but each to their own.

There was a smiley at the end of the last post.
  • Sponsored links:

• nice 2 know we can have a laugh
  • edited September 2007
    Adult day return £16.50 from victoria by national express and probably closer to the ground - some cheaper funfares may be available. frequent connecting buses from pool meadow.
  • £20 return with Virgin at the moment available on their website, £3 return bus ticket from the station to the arena
  • edited September 2007
    "Adult day return £16.50 from victoria by national express"

If you go by coach, you might as well go with the club for £15
  • Not sure what Monty will be charging us but I would Imagine £20-£25 will be about right per head. Will start collating numbers for this shortly watch this space.....
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"Adult day return £16.50 from victoria by national express"

If you go by coach, you might as well go with the club for £15

But I looked on the nx website site - there were funfares for a fiver each way. they can be as low as a quid sometimes.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]£20 return with Virgin at the moment available on their website, £3 return bus ticket from the station to the arena

Or £1.50 unlimited travel if you buy the plusbus ticket (not available online) - ask for it at the station (can be coventry station if you show your ticket)