Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO CharltonHeston/Seth Plum/Fanny/etc - Activity messages

You do realise that your messages on the activity board can be read by anyone but that the intended recipient won't know you've sent it

Comments

• edited January 2013
    When are people going to realise that is not the inbox!!
    When they grasp this AFKA tutorial from the past hopefully;

'It has become obvious that a lot of members haven't a clue how to send other members a private message, so hopefully this will help
    How to send someone a private message that others can't publicly see
    1. In the top right of your screen, click on 'Inbox'
    2. In the Inbox screen, click on the button on the left hand side 'Start a new conversation'
    3. In the Recipients box, start to type in the user name of who you want to send your message to.
    4. Either type out the full name, or after a few letters a list of members with those letters will appear. click the one you want
    5. You can send a message to multiple users, simply add a comma and a space after the first name and then start the second name.
    6. Type your message in the text box below
    7. Click Start Conversation.
    If you want to add someone to an existing conversation, click on the message, and then the list of people in that conversation will appear down the left hand side. Underneath will be a box 'Add people to this conversation'.
    How NOT to send a private message to someone
    If you click on a users name, and write a message for that person in the text box provided, that is NOT sending them a private message, but posting a message on their Wall. By doing this, everyone else can see that message if they click on that persons name, or through the Activity button. The user you will be sending it to will also not receive any notification you have done this, so probably won't even notice you have left them a message.

Hope that helps'

AFKA
  • Leave off Henry !! Don't tell 'em! I've been enjoying reading it all. It's like a saucy novel !! ;o)
  • Its like banging your ahead against a brick activity wall.

• Curb_It said:

Its like banging your ahead against a brick activity wall.

Your pet hate and credit where credit is due, it hasn't wound you up as much of late :0)
  • OK , point taken & thank you, Henry.

Thought I'd cracked it but one little mistake and I'm sitting outside the Head's office awaiting my fate.....

PLEASE be gentle with me, Sir !
  • OK , point taken & thank you, Henry.

Thought I'd cracked it but one little mistake and I'm sitting outside the Head's office awaiting my fate.....

PLEASE be gentle with me, Sir !

I'm past all that rough and tumble stuff FF knit me a scarf blanket and penance served :-)
  • Leave off Henry !! Don't tell 'em! I've been enjoying reading it all. It's like a saucy novel !! ;o)

Agreed. It's amazing what some posters will say when they think it's a private conversation innit?

Plus some of those links are...er...interesting shall we say!
  • RedChaser said:

Curb_It said:

Its like banging your ahead against a brick activity wall.

Your pet hate and credit where credit is due, it hasn't wound you up as much of late :0)
    Im soo beyond it now i have just given up but dont worry i still check daily.

• @CHARLTONHESTON YOU ARE NOT LEAVING MESSAGES CORRECTLY!

@cafcbrown look on the activity wall!
  • im not over my activity wall issues obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

im not over my activity wall issues obviously.

I thought you would have given Ronny a nice send off message on there like you have done previously :0)
  • Did you used to call yourself something else Redchaser?
  • Curb_It said:

Did you used to call yourself something else Redchaser?

it's Fishnets

• Curb_It said:

Did you used to call yourself something else Redchaser?

I've called myself lot's of things down the years unrepeatable on here though :0)
  • and they get even more disturbing.