Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Dull Was That?

What a load of old baloney , how duff was that window?

Comments

• Just like the last one. But worse.
  • Ours must have been triple glazed...nothing coming in and nothing escaping.
  • edited January 2013
    Expect the same old guff to be trotted out. No value to be had in January, worked hard to make deals happen blah blah blah
  • edited January 2013
    It always is dull.
  • I suppose the good news is we didn't sell Solly , and we didn't sign Kieron Dyer?
  • edited January 2013
    Duller than a dull thing that has had all the shiny bits scratched off to make it even more dull.
  • I noticed that a very large percentage of deals done from Championship clubs downwards are loan deals.

no one has any money
  • By George, he's got it !
  • what !! George has all the money ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Is someone trying to say that the only clubs with money are in the premier league?
  • edited January 2013

what !! George has all the money ??

Let's sign him!

Aargh! minutes too late!
  • I thought Finidi George was unattached?
  • We have not sold Chris Solly, lately last seasons team (for the most part) have proved to be capable, and we have a platform to build on, especially with regard to youngsters. Pretty good overall.
  • Seth not sure it was "pretty good" that would be going out and signing 3/4 better players than we have now. It is understanderable given that we are potless and have to try to sign players by offering BOGOFs.
  • I'm sure there will be plenty of praise for the board on this site for not selling Solly and Stephens...
  • Clutching at straws here , but is it possible that the communications team went home before the window shut and we actually have signed someone ? Can't see any cafc_official tweets recently
  • Won the league and 12th in jan and people still moan.

Strange supporters!
  • Nothing through the round window. Nothing through the square window. Not a Magic Roundabout in sight. Just gotta survive the Loan window!
  • Got that chap Feeley in. If he goes onto be next Richard Rufus window will have been very good indeed!
  • Sponsored links:

• I noticed that a very large percentage of deals done from Championship clubs downwards are loan deals.

no one has any money

Even Palace who are £10m better off. They must be skint, with the opportunity to buy a couple of players to maybe give them the extra push for promotion.

Maybe that Zaha money has kept the club going for another year or two.
  • Stupid concept that needs getting rid of. The reason it's dull is that clubs try to cash in and overprice their players. If I recall when we went in for Darren Bent in the January window Ipswich were asking £5M we eventually got him for half that so it's no wonder most teams don't bother.
  • Seems that many people would prefer a quick fix of exciting news only to find out a month later that the player we got excited about is actually, a bit crap. I think its brilliant that we have kept our squad intact.
  • I would like to think that CP is sensible enough to have told us earlier that he did not want a change or two, therefore it seems that he was looking. Frankly the only newcomer I would have liked to see would have been Scott Parker (obviously impossible), or someone of his ilk. I have said this a few times, but I would like to see us try Yann playing in midfield behind two strikers.
  • Shrew said:

Seems that many people would prefer a quick fix of exciting news only to find out a month later that the player we got excited about is actually, a bit crap. I think its brilliant that we have kept our squad intact.

No. We'd prefer a quick fix of exciting news only to find out a month later the player has inspired the team and has already scored a goal per game. I THINK that's what is going on.
  • what !! George has all the money ??

I thougth Harry had it all.
  • Because our better players didn't leave, I would say that tells its own story.
  • Yeh, no-one even wants our better players.

Joke!
  • Well at least we didn't get tempted into buying someone because of the buying/signing frenzy...the fact we're in massive debt may have something to do with it too.....
  • I'm [pleased we haven't lashed a ton of money on has been players we can't afford , just hope if we do go down the loans route , we get it right and not waste money on them.

Going forward how do we sign the next Adam Le Fondre , Charlie Austin , CMS , or Jordan Rhodes?

We always seem to miss out , would love a top notch 20 goal a season striker in the summer , please Mr Chairman! :#-0