Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackheath Cricket Club

Charlton's local cricket club, Blackheath, have reached the final of the prestigious Evening Standard Trophy. They beat local rivals and fellow Kent Premier League side Bromley in a thrilling semi-final at The Rectory Field, Charlton Road on Sunday.
Bromley were packed with former first class cricketers including Sussex and England's Alan Wells. The game went to the last ball, Bromley needed 1 run to win but didn't make it.
The final is at The Oval on Sunday 16th September against Middlesex League giants Finchley. Play begins at 11am and admission is FREE.
Why not go along and support Blackheath to a famous victory?

Comments

• Options
    No cos Cricket is Pants ?

Just Kiddin, how have you been Chirpy ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]No cos Cricket is Pants ?

Just Kiddin, how have you been Chirpy ?

Fine thanks mate. Been so mega busy at work haven't been able to be my usual self on here.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    congrats chirpy that's a cracking result that, bromley are a good side have former first class players such as nadeem shahid, james watson, matt dennington.
  • Options
    Well done

I would love to go but im out
  • Options
    Game is against Ealing, they beat Finchley in the semi finals DJ Davey Dave. I play for the club but nowhere near good enough to be in the side at the oval but we managed to get a good 250-300 at the club for the semi final and we want a lot more for the big game, free entry and the bar is open from 10am so come down and cheer our lads on!!
  • Options
    Sorry, yes it is against Ealing. I don't know why I put Finchley! I knew it was Ealing. We played Ealing in the final of the National Club Knockout at Lords in 1971 and beat them.
    I reckon we had about 300 at the Rectory on Sunday too, hoping for more at The Oval. See you there fella!
  • Options
    I must have seen you there dave, actually you could have been anywhere in the club and i wouldnt have seen you because it was so packed up there!! Being a part of that pitch invasion is something i wont forget!!
  • Options
    Sorry Crispy I read your orignal post as you being a Ealing player! So you play for Blackheath? So did I for many years. You can find my memoires on the website.
  • Options
    Hey DJ did Min Patel ever play for Blackheath?
  • Options
    Yes he did. I played a few games with him. He is a couple of years younger than me. He is STILL contracted to Kent CCC. Has had some horiffic injuries and got a shite deal from England.
    Top bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I saw him play in the 90's for Kent a few times and always thought he should have played more for England.
  • Options
    DON'T FORGET EVERYONE BE AT THE OVAL TOMORROW FROM 11AM ADMISSION FREE
  • Options
    what was the score? Is there going to be any open-top bus action?
  • Options
    sorry to say blackheath lost. They batted first and made 222 all out in the 49th over Ealing made it quite comfortably winning by 6 wickets in about 40 overs good day tho enjoyable game in front of a crowd of a couple of hundred.
  • Options
    Great vocal support from the Blackheath CC Colts. Wonderful to see so many old friends there.
    Ealing are a top side and proved too strong on the day.