Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which stadium is known throughout football for it's atmosphere under floodlights ?

poor souls who fall for this one ....................

YOU CAN HELP TO FILL THE STADIUM TOMORROW....
Selhurst Park Stadium is known throughout football for its atmosphere under floodlights but on Tuesday night you make it even better by coming along and supporting YOUR team and at this match Bring A Pal to Palace and you can be a winner too.

AND... here is how...
Introduce a new supporter by purchasing one match ticket on their behalf and you will get 10% discount on the ticket price. All we ask is that you provide the name, address and email contact details of the persons using the ticket. This offer is only available to season ticket holders.

In addition we will give you a £5 retail voucher to spend in the Club Shop, or even against next years Season Ticket, as a further thank you for your support !

There is no limit to the number of introductions you make so ten new supporters could earn you £50 in Club Shop vouchers.

Simply contact the ticket office with the details of your referrals and to purchase the tickets and we will verify with you there and then if the person you are refering is a new contact for the Club, or has not been to Selhurst Park in the last 12 months. This offer is only valid for Coventry, Sheffield United, Hull City, Stoke City or Watford.

To book your tickets you can email boxoffice@cpfc.co.uk[/email] giving your contact details (phone, mobile and email), we will then contact you.... it really is that easy !

Alternatively, you can call the Ticket Office between 9.00am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday
Open until kick off Tomorrow and half an hour after the game.
on 0871 200 0071 or in person

Thank you in advance for your support.
Crystal Palace Football Club
Selhurst Park, London. SE25 6PU
Registered in London 3951645. VAT Reg No. 757064417
Tel: 020 8768 6000 Fax: 020 8771 5311

If you do not wish to receive further emails regarding special merchandise offers then you can let us know by replying to info@cpfc.co.uk

Comments

• they've just discovered our 'bring a mate to the match' car stickers whilst clearing out our old selhurst portakabin.
  • there finished.........................hang on they never started
  • Tangoman is trying to find ways of funding his forthcoming birthday bash and the obvious sacking of taylor will also cost him a few quid.
  • [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]poor souls who fall for this one ....................
    All we ask is that you provide the name, address and email contact details of the persons using the ticket. This offer is only available to season ticket holders.

In addition we will give you a £5 retail voucher to spend in the Club Shop, or even against next years Season Ticket, as a further thank you for your support !

So it's really "bring a pal to Palace and we'll bombard them with junk mail and text begging them to fill our crappy ground". Hmmmm...
  • oh dear that is nearly as bad at the adds on teh Underground and the buses for Millwall.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]oh dear that is nearly as bad at the adds on teh Underground and the buses for Millwall.[/quote]

Can I ask why?

I know it's traditional to slag off Jordan and his club but this is simply an attempt to grow the fanbase, do we not do the same? I remember in the last season or so receiving letters imploring me to come to matches and help the atmosphere.
  • i think its quite a good initiative to be honest.

Good for them.

the only issue i have is that they are saying Sehurst is known for its atmosphere under floodlights!!

wonder if you could do them for false misrepresentation??
  • Come on guys, i know it's Palace but this is good for them.

We would be raving about it if it was something we were doing.

0-1.
  • I know Palace are an easy target in our eyes but looks like a Charlton type initiative to me perhaps Jordan wants to be just like us. Imitation is the highest fom of flattery & all that.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]i think its quite a good initiative to be honest.

Good for them.

the only issue i have is that they are saying Sehurst is known for its atmosphere under floodlights!!

Compared to the atmosphere in daylight then I think they have a point. Under lights you forget the portacabins, the concrete, the post-war stands...
  • Sponsored links:

• be fair, the atmosphere at sellhurst under floodlights probably is the best...there's plenty of room these days so there must be more oxygen per fan...
  • Of course it is a good idea and something we have been doing, in a slightly different form, for many years and there is the rub.

Campaigns like this have to be long term and constant not one offs.

Also I think the offer is a bit busy, it's not clear what 10% off a ticket price is (£30 ticket now £27 = Bargain!) and a £5 shop voucher still means spending a lot of dosh in the shop.

Also the demand for contact details while good if it works will put people off or will lead to a few Mickey Mouse names being used.

But they are a big club and they don't need fans or advertise for new fans like we do. Except they just have.
  • edited September 2007
    In fairness, they don't say it is a good atmosphere. Anyway 10% off and a shop voucher is not going to pursaude many people - a bit dull.

Better to do something like £5 off and a free programme ...

... ie. something to take away from the game, read later and encourage them to think about going again.
  • Do they really charge £30 for these games, in which case a mere £27 is not going to pursuade anyone! Still a rip-off.

They'd have to go for half price.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Of course it is a good idea and something we have been doing, in a slightly different form, for many years and there is the rub.

Campaigns like this have to be long term and constant not one offs.

Also I think the offer is a bit busy, it's not clear what 10% off a ticket price is (£30 ticket now £27 = Bargain!) and a £5 shop voucher still means spending a lot of dosh in the shop.

I have to say I think your spot on with this. Its also all well and good to make this offer but it's a little pointless making just one day before the game.

I hate to say this but what Palace need ( like Charlton do) is a clear and consistant set of reduced prices which are then marketed properly.

This wont happen though as our jade Goody of a Chairman is far too busy slagging off your board, your fans , agents and Iain Dowie!
  • The Supporters' Director finally get someone to agree with him and it's a Palace fan! : - )

Palace do have a large fan base and catchment area and they crowds have held up fairly well in recent years albeit with quite a few freebies to schools but this year it does seem to be slipping.

The prices seem really high and too much for a casual visitor. What's good about the Charlton offer is for nearly every game the prices are the same £20/£15/£10 so it's easy to hammer home that message.

Also can't believe they have done this one day before the game. There must have been some previous advertising.
  • edited September 2007
    No previous advertising at all. They have tried selling bundles of tickets at reduced rates for specific games, but again this in my opinion only serves to mix up the message.

Given the very negative brand of football taylor adopts I cannot see anyone paying £30 to watch us play sheff utd on saturday.

£30 is an obscene amount of money for this division especially when you throw in the Luxury accomodation of the Arthur Wait.

It's going to be very empty at Selhurst tonight I would expect about 15,000 Maiximum tonight. And I wont be booing Dowie he did a good job for palace and for all but 8 minutes he would have done an incredible job.
  • it wasn't 8 minutes...it only took a second for fortune to score the goal, but a whole season to get into that position...
  • Agreed its a good initiative, however after years of abuse from Nigels for the target 10k scheme, kids for a quid, watch cheap prem games and Valley Express, its rather ironic and amusing that they're following our lead....
  • It's gonna be strange tonight the fact that the big game in South London tonight is actually at Selhurst not the Valley. Dowie vs Jordan & all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Right, which one of you jokers gave them Dicko's number? Palace just rang him offering tickets for tonights game...
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Right, which one of you jokers gave them Dicko's number? Palace just rang him offering tickets for tonights game...

LMFAO!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It's gonna be strange tonight the fact that the big game in South London tonight is actually at Selhurst not the Valley. Dowie vs Jordan & all that.

To be honest I think we will get tonked tonight and that will be the end of Taylor which will be no bad thing. Does Phil Parkinson have a get out clause? as I know Sj was always very keen him as a manager.

Either way Taylor is going to get the tin-tac it's just a question of when.

How did Mcarthy do at the weekend? I thought he was very fortunate at Selhurst and would end getting cained by forwards with better movement and a less leanient referee.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Right, which one of you jokers gave them Dicko's number? Palace just rang him offering tickets for tonights game...

LMFAO!!

Bit odd, as they had my name, but his mobile number... apparently the woman got told where to go, and the mobile lauched across the room... good old Dicko
  • I would be surprised if Mr Jordan would sack Taylor straight after a defeat from Dowie as it would seem that that was the reason. Ditto after the Charlton defeat but he's had over a season which is quite a long run under Mr J.

Parky was allowed to speak to Huddersfield last year and was offered the job put turned them down at the last minute.

McCarthy? Erm!
  • McCarthorse will not be in the team In my opinion when everybody in the back four is fit & that ain't saying much at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]McCarthorse will not be in the team In my opinion when everybody in the back four is fit & that ain't saying much at the moment.

If only Gibbs was fit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Right, which one of you jokers gave them Dicko's number? Palace just rang him offering tickets for tonights game...

LMFAO!!

Bit odd, as they had my name, but his mobile number... apparently the woman got told where to go, and the mobile lauched across the room... good old Dicko

Now that is funny. Whoever did that deserves a pint
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]McCarthorse will not be in the team In my opinion when everybody in the back four is fit & that ain't saying much at the moment.

If only Gibbs was fit.

I give in and I'll have to ask, who the hell is Cory gibbs? he seems like the loch ness monster on here, you all talk about him but no one has ever seen him.
  • He is a USA international defender who has been injured since he joined 17 months ago.

I have been telling everyone that he will be a revalation when he finally plays but only a few have seen the light. Yet.

Those who have doubted will be cast into the third circle of hell if they do not repent NOW and accept that Gibbs is the One.