Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How much rest......!!!!!!!

I know this is now a squad game but Swansea have rested effectively their 5 key players for today's game at Liverpool. The Cup Final (sorry cant remember what it's called this year is next Sunday, a full week away and they are playing Bradford ffs!!! No disrespect intended to Parky's mob but I'd put my house on Swansea if I was a betting person. This all just seems a bit OTT and even wrong if I were a league rival of Liverpool or had a bet on Swansea (which would be very attractive if their full team was playing). Glad I'm not waiting for them to complete an accumulator!!

Comments

• Swansea know they will not qualify for Europe via the league so will sacrifice todays game and rest those players to ensure they win next week and get a place in the Europa League next season.

That's just the way I see it of course.

It could all back-fire of course if they get hammered today and lose next week to Bradford.
  • Not just being a liverpool rival. If I was a swansea fan I wouldnt be too happy
  • Will they get a fine like Wolves and Blackpool have had in recent times?
  • last time I looked Liverpool were winning 4-0 !!!!

5-0..

Must be a really weak Swansea side to be losing 5-0 TBH.

Fans will demand money back....

5-0..

Must be a really weak Swansea side to be losing 5-0 TBH.

Fans will demand money back....
    til they win the league cup.
  • Ofcourse...and that is why the changes will be justified.
  • edited February 2013
    ...and if I didn't dislike Liverpool "nobody likes us and we really really care" FC so much I would say fair enough But I hate to think of their fans giving it large because they've thrashed a team that cost approximately the same as one of their flaccid unpleasant strikers.
  • They will have a trophy next sunday to get them over it, smart decision.
  • Think it's more about avoiding the risk of injury than actual rest.

Stops any momentum they might have had though, a 5-0 loss, so could work either way.

Think they'll win though.