Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent rises to the challenge

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/wigan_athletic/s/1016778_bent_rises_to_the_challenge_

A good opportunity, good luck to him.

Comments

• Bent for England!
  • good luck to the lazy useless carnt, hope he does well and they buy him.
  • Has the Wigan boss got something in his eyes...."Manager Chris Hutchings said: "In this game when one door closes, another one opens and Marcus came on on Saturday and did well. He's very much in the Emile Heskey mould. He has pace, power and is a threat. He runs the channels well and is definitely a capable replacement.

Pace, power and is a threat? Is he sure?
  • Koumas drove in a corner from which Marcus Bent, having cleverly lost his marker, bulleted a header from eight yards past Marcus Hahnemann and in a stroke equalised his goal tally for last season in 32 games at Charlton.

Bent might have had a hat-trick. On the hour, he hit a shot straight at Hahnemann and six minutes later he penetrated the Reading defence only to be denied at the last by the outstretched leg of Duberry.

football.guardian.co.uk/Observer_Match_Report/0,,2175033
  • You just knew he'd score!

He'll do well for 6 months, get a move and stop trying, imho.
  • [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]You just knew he'd score!

He'll do well for 6 months, get a move and stop trying, imho.

if Wigan get 6 good months out of him i'll eat my socks
  • good another 5 ver on his price tag
  • There is no price tag. Bent and Faye are on non-returnable loans till the end of the season, at which point their contracts run out.

They've gone - let's just forget about them.
  • I understand that while the loans are non returnable there is a fee if the clubs (Wigan/Rangers) sign them - if not they are free agents.

It is great to be rid of the wage bill and it would be nice to get some cash too
  • [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]I understand that while the loans are non returnable there is a fee if the clubs (Wigan/Rangers) sign them - if not they are free agents.

It is great to be rid of the wage bill and it would be nice to get some cash too

I'm sure you are right, Maglor.

Pards said a while back somewhere on the OS - that a set fee has already been agreed if Bent or Faye sign with their loan clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah, you're both right - I'd forgotten about that being said. Either way though, whatever they do has no effect on us - let's just forget about these footballing mercenaries...
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite] whatever they do has no effect on us - let's just forget about these footballing mercenaries...

Of course Mills and Powell are not mercenaries,they are stalwerts and ambassadors of the beautiful game.

Is'nt that right F-blocker. ;-)
  • Mills and Powell are there to play football first and pick-up the money second (probably a very close second, but second all the same) - Faye and Bent are there for the money.
  • well said.
  • In all fairness, Faye lumbers around in such a daze I don't think he knows what he is here for.
  • I won't hear a bad word about Chrissy Powell! He'd play for free with 1 leg if you asked him that bloke...absolute hero!
  • Chrissy Powell is a legend...........
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/7009676.stm
  • Bent is fast and quite powerful, and did run the channels, unfortunately couldn't score for toffee, nor provide for his colleagues...