Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football 'supporters' nowadays

Its only when you go away you realise that the days of the true actve football fan seem to be a dying breed and replaced by a legion of plastics.

The one bar in our resort that had a telly had around 25 people in on Saturday afternoon. Me and the wife were the only ones out of the 25 that did not support Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal or Tottenham.
The Man U didn't know half their players names, the Scousers weren't even watching when their team were on the telly, the couple of gooners called Rosicky 'Rusedski' and the Spurs asked 'do you know who we're playing today' despite it being their biggest game of the season.

Oh, and the Chelsea fan that popped his head in and said 'is it true Chelsea are playing Arsenal today ?'.........

Comments

• Hang on a minute you supported one of them mob before you saw the light you wannabe Plastic :-)
  • two of them if you wanted to be accurate :-)
  • Of course they were plastics.

Only Plastics go on holiday during the season : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] the days of the true actve football fan seem to be a dying breed and replaced by a legion of plastics.
    It's maybe not quite that bad, most of the plastics wouldn't have been any sort of supporter in the past. The challenge to football clubs is to get their locals to come and support them and not just watch the plastic clubs on telly.
  • real fans go on european city breaks.
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]real fans go on european city breaks.

So where are you off to then Les?
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]real fans go on european city breaks.
    london doesnt count
  • the sausage is taking me to cork for me birthday. :o)
  • I want to meet a leprechaun.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I want to meet a leprechaun.
    AFKA is going tonight i think.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2007
    he fails the criteria. he's over 5ft...just. he's not ginger and he doesn't have a beard or talk funny.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]london doesnt count
    it does for me as i live in Sheffield and my stay is before or after a charlton home game
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I want to meet a leprechaun.
    AFKA is going tonight i think.

;-)

he fails the criteria. he's over 5ft...just. he's not ginger and he doesn't have a beard or talk funny.

Can we stick Inspector Sands or MCS in a hot wash?
  • Always used to make me laugh on a Sunday, sitting in my local watching one of the big teams on the telly and seeing people walk past wearing the shirt of one of the teams playing at the time.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]real fans go on european city breaks.
    london doesnt count

It does for me!
  • And me........ !