Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheering sent off players

Why do it? These players let their team down as well as the manager. I hate seeing people give sent off players' standing ovations like today.

Comments

• Pretty clear that most people didn't see the incident. If people think the player is hard done by they'll show some support.
  • 'Cos he's big Yann and we bloody love him.
  • I cheered. Mainly because a) from where I was, I couldn't understand why Yann had been sent off and b) heat of the moment and support for my team.
  • Yep.All round 'tut tutting' next time this happens please.
  • Yeah boo the player that'll help the situation.
  • edited February 2013
    He cost us 3 points. I can understand cheering when the player is completely hard done by - however, Kermo acted like an idiot today. Don't expect everyone to boo and chant w@nker.
  • I wish our players would at least get sent off for nasty things
  • nolly said:

I wish our players would at least get sent off for nasty things

Were you there nolly?
  • edited February 2013
    People are cheering the man not the crime. I've already forgiven him. It's a gesture of loyalty and there's nothing wrong cheering the man off who has been total class for us for 18 months when he knows he has let us down.

Other players there may be a case but Yann is different.
  • Wouldn't say he cost us three points we were awful even before that
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going to boo him now every game until he scores again.
  • Why do it? These players let their team down as well as the manager. I hate seeing people give sent off players' standing ovations like today.

Yep couldnt agree more let the team down yet cheered like a hero, stupid.

• I think a lot of people didn't think it was a sending off, hence the constant booing of Halford.

If a player gets sent off and you believe it will be rescinded on replay, by cheering them you almost let them know you don't blame them, and it's the case of a shite ref..

Although having said that once a lot of people have seen the replay that might not be the case...
  • Oh come on, most people missed the incident and thought he was hard done by. Yes, now we think he was wrong. We did not cheer the Sodje lunges or Burtons stupid sending off against Swindon, taking us down to 9 men (although leading to Llerras finest moment). We thought it was unfair, we were wrong, next time we will chant "You're not fit to wear the shirt"
  • I hope Kermorgant never plays for us again.
  • Yann should get the guillotine for that or 200 years in the Bastille!
  • I wouldn't have cheered if I knew what a idiot he'd been. From where I sat it looked like a simple coming together and a bit of theatrics had fooled the ref. I probably wouldn't even have booed Halford... okay that bits a lie.
  • 'Cos he's big Yann and we bloody love him.

Bigg Yann has been an absolute legend for us in the past and he will be an absolute legend for us again in the future.
  • I clapped him off because it looked to me that it wasn't a sending off. I've yet to see it but the fact that Chris Powell has said it was a sending off means I'm probably wrong, but Yann was playing his heart out before that happened. And TBH the performance of the ref for the rest of the game made me believe it was likely to be a dodgy one. As people above have said, context is everything.
  • He cost us 3 points today,it also let the scum in above us in the league,slap his arse,fine him,then tell him to get back on the pitch and score the goals to get above the scum
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:

He cost us 3 points today,it also let the scum in above us in the league,slap his arse,fine him,then tell him to get back on the pitch and score the goals to get above the scum

As i said in another post no one player cost you 3 points. You win, draw and lose as a team.
  • Wouldn't say he cost us three points we were awful even before that

Exactly what I was about to say.
  • doronron said:

He cost us 3 points today,it also let the scum in above us in the league,slap his arse,fine him,then tell him to get back on the pitch and score the goals to get above the scum

As i said in another post no one player cost you 3 points. You win, draw and lose as a team.
    Not strictly true though is it. Yes you win, lose draw as a team but when you get yourself sent off for a stupid act of poor self discipline you let down your team, manager, supporters and club. We were outclassed today and I doubt if Yann had stayed on we would have got anything but on another day going down to ten might make a lot of difference.
  • But this is bigger than one game isn't it... 100% clear on this that Yann is part of a squad and management team which have taken us from mid table League 1 to mid table championship... he is getting kicked, punched and slapped on our behalf week on weel and took a few from their left back today. The club has travelled a long way down the road but has a long way to go ... together!
    Let's see how this and other similar fixtures go next season before we start calling out players for x,y or z
  • Because players these days get sent off for the tiniest indiscretion. I bet there is not a mark on Halford where ever Kermy was supposed to have kicked him. Once again another game ruined and the fans have not got their money's worth.
  • Why do it? These players let their team down as well as the manager. I hate seeing people give sent off players' standing ovations like today.

Have to say I felt the same when Morrison got himself sent off against Derby. Why people stood up and applauded a player that had just given away a stupid penalty and was already on a yellow and a warning was unbelievable to me.

• Yes, at the time, it looked to me like a petulant slight obstruction - so I thought he shouldn't have been sent off.
  • he did take a swing,but how many wild tackles do you see that dont even get yellow ,unlucky to go.
  • was a booking and a long talking to for me but to be fair to the ref - the lino did for Yann. Had the ref seen it, that is probably what would have happened. Was incredibly silly of Yann though but yesterday is best forgotten.
  • Just seen it myself, and How can anyone defend them actions of what kermy did , its just a stupid thing to do , and really can't understand why he did it ? , just plain stupid ! Yes we were crap before but we are never going to know what would of happened if we kept 11 men on the pitch .!