Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I said we should sign.......

Following on from the Rickie Lambart thread and a few people saying we should sign him

I said we should sign Adam Le Fondre (on numerous occasions)

I also said we should sign Izale MacLeod

Come on people , we're all quick to admit the ones that turned out good but what about the ones that turned out bad , not just ones we've signed.

Comments

• I hoped Chris Dickson was going to be the next Ian Wright and banged on for him to be picked after his loan at Gillingham..... I also said buy Kevin Phillips on numerous, numerous occassions. Thought we should sign Le Fondre, Jordan Rhodes and um, Steve Portway when he couldn't stop scoring at Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Steve Portway is now playing alonside his son for a semi pro team.
  • Jeffers. I thought he'd be a fantastic player for us.
  • Rizzo said:

Jeffers. I thought he'd be a fantastic player for us.

Especially when he scored vs Villa.

But I did say we should sign Wes Hoolahan.....only £250k too :o(((
  • I said we should sign Lionel Messi but as usual no-one listened!
  • Wanted us to sign Julio Arca off Sunderland for years.

Ever since Curbs left I've been willing Martin Allen to get our managers job every time it's become available.

Thought Darren Ambrose was a great signing at the time.
  • for the deaf fans.
  • I said we should have signed Dean Ashton, when he was at Crewe.

I though Jeffers would go on to do what Darren Bent did, eventually.

• Tim Cahill

• I though Jeffers would go on to do what Darren Bent did, eventually.

Shag Bruce's daughter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Phil Jagielka when he was a youngster at SU and Joey Barton when he was about 19 being two that I'm happy to own up to.
  • I still remember when we scouted C.Ronaldo and Quaresma
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2250948,00.html
  • Should've signed Nicky Maynard instead of Luke Varney. I also thought Izale McLeod would become a premier league striker and loved his energy and pace at first (didnt he win a couple of pens for us?). Then I saw him a bit later on in the season and he was so pony it was embarrassing.
  • Aaron Lennon , when he was relatively unknown at Leeds, fell on deaf ears with Mr Murray , and he ended up leaving Leeds when they got relegated from the Prem to go to Spurs for about 1 Million , was told I played too much Football Manager ( which is also true. :-0. ).

Le Fondre is another player we should have got , how can we scout and spot potential star players and signings of the future, maybe a Charlton fans transfer trust fund , trouble is we'd all never agree.
  • eidur gudjohnson from bolton
  • Wes Hoolahan for about 5 seasons straight.
  • ah yes, wes hoolahan and i also thought we shouldve signed a player from colchester called Johnnie Jackson when we were first in the champ. What do i know though?
  • ...Oh yeah & Wayne Routledge at the time that we were being linked and everyone was getting excitef about that Julian Gray fella.

On the downside I was keen for us to sign Mark Noble too and he hasn't progressed half as much as I expected he would....

...but would still walk into our current midfield :-(
  • I banged on about Tim Cahill whilst he was at Millwall but I don't think his missus was too keen on him joining us and wanted a move away from the area for maritial reasons
  • E-cafc said:

I said we should sign Lionel Messi but as usual no-one listened!

I signed him for Charlton on Football Manager back when Leo was only 16. I don't think I'd ever heard of him at the time. Apparently he's pretty decent nowadays

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

E-cafc said:

I signed him for Charlton on Football Manager back when Leo was only 16. I don't think I'd ever heard of him at the time. Apparently he's pretty decent nowadays

I was recently going back in past FM games and then looking up some of the teenage stars that were must buys for any team to see how they have got on in their real careers.
  • eidur gudjohnson from bolton

Me too. I was hoping we'd do a double swoop when we went in for Jensen.

• J BLOCK said:

I still remember when we scouted C.Ronaldo and Quaresma
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_2250948,00.html

That's hilarious.
  • I disagree. I'm always right when it comes to signings.
  • Obika 3 years ago..lets see how this turns out...
  • Alan McLeary and Teddy Sherringham shortly after they'd broken in at Millwall and Tony Cascarino at Gillingham (although I'm sure we couldn't afford him at the time).
  • supaclive said:

I hoped Chris Dickson was going to be the next Ian Wright and banged on for him to be picked after his loan at Gillingham.....

I remember everyone singing for him to come on as a sub, and nearly scored within minutes!
  • a few seasons back, Craig Noone, still think the same.

• Swisdom said:

E-cafc said:

I was recently going back in past FM games and then looking up some of the teenage stars that were must buys for any team to see how they have got on in their real careers.
    Freddy Adu was a must buy on a couple of versions, pinnacle of his career was playing 11 games in 4 years for Benfica, now playing back in the states for someone called Philadelphia Union.
  • Hoolahan defo, instrad of that Danish kid we got for the same amount instead who's name i don't even remember now. Also liked Maynard and Noone.

Now I would like us to get Judge (County), Forrester (Brentford) & Boyd (Peterbrough) - all free agents in summer i believe.

However I thought Luke Young would be a duffer and also wanted us to sign Lee Barnard and Eastwood (or whatever the pikeys name was).