Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I said we should sign.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    I thought Varney and Iwelumo were gonna tear the championship apart, under a different manager who knows what may have happened.
  • Options

eidur gudjohnson from bolton

We tried to get him from them, for some reason he preferred Chelsea!

• Options
    Leroy Lita. And then we did. And he wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    Liverpool signed a very young messi on my fm save and I managed to loan him for a season. Had such a good season we were one of his favourite clubs! If only...
  • Options
    I said Ashton over Marcus Bent, and a couple of others, but then thought we should go for Malcolm Christie when he left Derby, and thought Carlton Cole and Andy Gray would be very good signings, so swings and roundabouts!
  • Options

eidur gudjohnson from bolton

And me.
  • Options
    Neil Harris.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

a few seasons back, Craig Noone, still think the same.

Seconded
  • Options
    Kezman but Chelsea nicked him. Still think he'd have done better for us even tho he flopped there. Might have helped get more out of Rommedahl.
  • Options

I said Ashton over Marcus Bent, and a couple of others, but then thought we should go for Malcolm Christie when he left Derby, and thought Carlton Cole and Andy Gray would be very good signings, so swings and roundabouts!

I am sure we must have been looking at Ashton when he was at Crewe, what an excellent target man he was, tragic his career was cut short.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    always thought we'd try and sign Steve Sidwell when we sold Parker.

would've loved to have got Kezman, reckon he'd have been a hit with Rommedahl
  • Options
    anyone Acworth suggests
  • Options
    I suspected Simon Francis; we then signed him. I got very excited. That showed me.
  • Options
    Freddy Eastwood was always, and will always, be the answer.
  • Options
    Remember seeing a young Craig Bellamy as a midfielder against us (Norwich i think). No choir boy, but wished we'd signed him before he'd built his reputation (em!). One player really excited about signing.....Andy Jones from Port Vale..........Oh dear!
  • Options
    Mattiue Flamini who went to Arsenal - if only Curbs had made the effort !! and also i agree with Sidwell !! - also still think we will see Bobby Zamora here in some form in the next 2/3 seasons.
  • Options

I am sure we must have been looking at Ashton when he was at Crewe, what an excellent target man he was, tragic his career was cut short.
    Yeah, I'd forgotten how young he was - only 29 now and he hasn't played in 4 years, shame for the guy.
  • Options
    Was a big Darren Ambrose fan and was delighted when he signed.

• Options
    I got exceptionally drunk at my mates 21st (1996ish) got home and apparently tried to convince my dad and brother that John Aldridge was the man to fire us to greatness
  • Options
    I really wanted us to get John-Joe O'Toole when he was at Watford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    As above, though the kid looked class at Watford
  • Options
    eldavide said:

I got exceptionally drunk at my mates 21st (1996ish) got home and apparently tried to convince my dad and brother that John Aldridge was the man to fire us to greatness

lol he was 38 then and in the twilight

• Options
    eldavide said:

Drunken logic is the best, i had a similar experiance explaining to a mate that the signing of JFH would fire us back to challenging for a euro place.

Still trying to work out how that all went wrong. :-)
  • Options
    We signed him........
  • Options

I banged on about Tim Cahill whilst he was at Millwall but I don't think his missus was too keen on him joining us and wanted a move away from the area for maritial reasons

My stepdad used to act for him and was gently nudging him to sign for charlton and not everton :( always rated him even @scumwall

• Options
    Most of mine have been said:
    The Good: Cahill, Dean Ashton
    The Bad: Eastwood

The Ugly: Jeffers..
  • Options
    We should have signed Bebe before Man U got him :-)
  • Options
    Ebanks-Blake instead we got Andy Gray! Pish