Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

garage doors

need a new one and the cheapest I seem to be able to find is circa £500 bought and fitted, anyone by any chance know of someone who does this cheaper?, seems pricey to me.

or has anyone recently purchased one and can recommend?.

ta

Comments

• Have you tried the place at New Eltham? not sure it's still there. Just past the lights going towards Sidcup opposite the Post Office, no name sorry, but they used to be reasonable
  • What type of garage door mate roller shutter or up and over type electric or manual?
  • Try Prestige Garage Doors mate.They are at 205b Long Lane,Bexleyheath.Tel. 0208 306 0000.
  • That price might be a bargain, to have a new spring fitted to an up and over door has just cost me £120+vat.
  • Gumbo said:

What type of garage door mate roller shutter or up and over type electric or manual?

cheapest up and over I can find, never put my car in there - only junk/garden stuff

cheers for this and the other responses

• Have you tried the place at New Eltham? not sure it's still there. Just past the lights going towards Sidcup opposite the Post Office, no name sorry, but they used to be reasonable

closed down.
  • £500 isnt to bad a price, I fit industrial and domestic doors (garage doors) for a living, so can get parts etc. there are lots of options out there, my only warning is that sometime the cheapest aren't the most secure doors. You could buy one from wicks, B&Q etc and at it fitted
  • only found that price by a few minutes searching the internet, garage isn't attached to the house, it's set back on a shared driveway, doesn't have anything of real value in it, lawnmower/kids toys/garden furniture etc and the gates on the drive are always locked, hence I'm just looking for something v cheap.

thanks for the advice
  • edited February 2013
    I read that as lawnmower, kids, toys / furniture left in your garage...nearly phoned welfare :)
  • Look on eBay then buy a 2nd hand one, they are easy enough to fit
  • Sponsored links:

• pettgra said:

Try Prestige Garage Doors mate.They are at 205b Long Lane,Bexleyheath.Tel. 0208 306 0000.

These blokes are good, had mine done ages ago by them it's spot on.