Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

bromley

bromley 2 .0 , could go 4th tonight

Comments

• And away to the league leaders. Football League in two years!!!!!!!
  • Ended 2-2, still a good result for the ravens.
  • Bromley - Full of snobs and a nightmare to park. Not one decent pub anymore either.
  • The ravens are now 7th,a good start.
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Bromley - Full of snobs and a nightmare to park. Not one decent pub anymore either.

Loads of good pubs just not in the town centre. Easy to park as well if you are prepared to pay.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]The ravens are now 7th,a good start.

2 up and draw 2- 2 Goldberg OUT!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Loads of good pubs just not in the town centre. Easy to park as well if you are prepared to pay.

Lol!
    Seriously Henry, tell me about them. I am always on the look out for a decent pub.
  • Some Pubs In Bromley
    Red Lion
    Freelands Tavern
    Bird in the Hand
    The Oak
    Five Bells
    To Name a few
  • I used to live in Bromley Common years ago - my drinking holes near to me were the Chatterton Arms, Five Bells, Bird in Hand, Sawyers Arms and the Plough - wihout going in to Bromley proper.
  • Well all the pubs you've mentioned still exist as far as i know bar the plough which was next to the bus garage but is now a macdonalds,chatterton arms has gone downhill a bit but has changed hands a few times, the sawyers is still a nice friendly pub,bird in hand hasn't really changed much and the five bells is still the same.

Like you say,not much point in going into bromley proper,i used to also drink in,

Heneky's,white hart,the railway(bromley south) swan and mitre,the greyhound,tigers head(now a northern rock bank) to name a few.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every Xmas I do a Bromley pub crawl with my mates starting at The Crown Bromley Common and finishing at The Swan and Mitre. I think its 31 pubs in all and there are more than a few nice ones along the way.
  • Hi Badger, I used to drink in Heneky's - it was the place to be in 1977, lol
    And, ahem, disco's at Cherries underneath Tesco's opposite Bromley South station.

I used to pull pints at the Sawyers, right next to the bus garage. Used to be the Shepherd Neame pub in Bromley - not many places in Bromley where you could get traditional beer on the pump in those days but you could there.
    Used to have a bar billiard table - haven't seen one of those for years.

The Plough across the road was a Whitbread house and sold dreadful sterile Trophy. You sat on plastic chairs and drank chemical beer. Didn't go there often.

The Bird in Hand up Gravel Road was a tiny pub with a pleasant beer garden.

The Crown was just a cheap Beefeater pub, so you took your bird there to make her feel special..... ;o)

I had my wedding 'nerve steadying' drinks with my best man in the Swan & Mitre.
  • Cherries on a friday/saturday night, oh my god happy days!

Or Heneky's with a del stevens disco,top place for hard rock and heavy metal.

also went to the 2 doves, Tights in Beckenham also the three tuns and Bibas night club near the three compasses in bromley

turn me upside down and i'll rattle....
  • The only decent Team in Bromley is LTSB Vet's 100% record so far this season & playing some swaggering inventive football :-)