Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

pubs for huddersfield??

1st time that im not driving up, so will be a train with a few bevvies any pubs to recommend?

Comments

• Leeds is your best bet
  • staying in Leeds saturday night. will be boozing there and just taking train straight too and from the ground.
  • The one by the ground (behind the opposite end) is decent and had a fair few away fans in there last year. Was busy though, ended up triple parking.

On the walk to the ground I don't remember seeing a great deal, just some place called The Gas Works which wasn't too inviting. There are also a couple of places by the station that allow us southern softies in.
  • few bars in town are ok, avoid gas works. There's not that many decent pubs in Huddersfield town centre to be honest, Leeds is definitely the best bet.
  • There's a decentish pub connect to the train station and about a 10 minute walk to the ground..
  • Greenster said:

There's a decentish pub connect to the train station and about a 10 minute walk to the ground..

As you come out of the station, there are 2 pubs connected to the same building. One on the left & one on the right.
    I've been in both more than once & they are both good imo. One of them had a small games room, with a space invaders machine (brilliant for nostalgia). That pub was my favourite.

It's about a 10/15 min walk to the ground from there, pretty much in a straight line.

• iv heard the cherry tree?? any good??
  • This one at the station served great beer and ale - done this away game the last few years and this is the best pub in Hudds
    http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/huddersfield-drinks/

• Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

This one at the station served great beer and ale - done this away game the last few years and this is the best pub in Hudds

Yeah, that's the one.
  • iv heard the cherry tree?? any good??

it's a weatherspoons, so you no what you're getting.
  • the Vulcan's pretty decent aswell
  • se9addick said:

This one at the station served great beer and ale - done this away game the last few years and this is the best pub in Hudds

Started off in there a couple of years ago, food is fantastic too

After the game we ended up in the sportsman which is halfway between the ground and the station

Avoid the dark dingy strip club on the main drag down the side of the ground, its shite
  • Best one has been demolished, now a B and Q - Market Tavern - Yorkshire's version of The Jockey. Gasworks is OK, Cap and me had no probs there last season - but we were on a worst pub in League One mission...
  • Best one has been demolished, now a B and Q - Market Tavern - Yorkshire's version of The Jockey. Gasworks is OK, Cap and me had no probs there last season - but we were on a worst pub in League One mission...

Haha, nice. What conclusion did you come to? I missed a couple of grounds but the one that comes to mind was the wrong side of Yeovil Junction, was like something out The League of Gentlemen.
  • There is a pub called the County which does roasts. That's quite nice.
  • edited March 2013
    Anyone know how many we've sold for saturday?

Im expecting one of our lowest turnouts of the season, what with them being in our division last season and our form a bit crap.
  • 276 were sold by close of play yesterday.
  • Its pay on the gate so depends on tonights result.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was well impressed with the Head of Steam last season. A mate of mine, who lives in Huddersfield, rates The Sportsman but we never managed to get there after the game, as some of us were in different parts of the ground.

If you get there a bit early, worth popping into the free Rugby League Museum in the big hotel on the left side of the square as you come out of the station ( the George Hotel ? ). Nice statue of " Darling Harold " in the square as well
  • if we take anything less than 350 id be dissapointed it does make me laugh how we ridicule everyone elses support yet were not too clever ourselves.
  • We do a lads weekend every year where we go to an away charlton game (not all cafc fans). Last year 18 of us went Bournemouth...this year we have 5 going Huddersfield haha. Looking forward to it all the same whatever the numbers.
  • was you by any chance in the litten tree on the saturday daytime before the game i think arsenal liverpool was on the telly if so i think i was speaking to some of youre party?
  • edited March 2013

was you by any chance in the litten tree on the saturday daytime before the game i think arsenal liverpool was on the telly if so i think i was speaking to some of youre party?

I defo remember being in a pub before the game watching the arsenal match. I was too pissed to remember what pub it was tho mate.

It wasnt in the main bit of Bournemouth, it was that crappy little high street near the ground.
  • yeah that was it thought it was mate we done a big day out for that one aswell had hopes of them being promoted to be honest could be a good weekend.
  • yeah Bournemouth is quality. Its hard to get everyone to go up north cos of travel costs, south coast is perfect. Been unfortunate with Brighton fixture this year, that could have been a good one.
  • yeah thats exactly what i was saying one of our mates birthdays fell on the hull fixture so we done a night out in scunthorpe which wasnt that bad so cheap ha,
    i know the fixtures this year havent fallen in our favour brighton being the main one
    nottingham isnt that bad really done brum aswell for a night before wolves wasnt too bad just the bloody accent
  • Anyone know latest on ticket sales? This is a big game now.
  • about 350 had been sold by last night hoping for about 600 on the day with walk ups etc this is a vital must win game i feel.