Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: Although the crowd can play their part, there is no substitute for decent players

Latest article from Henry Irving

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=57

Comments

• Has our Henry been banned from this site as I havent seen him post for donks?
  • What the bloody hell is Ramadam or whatever he said.

No Eating in daylight. What are they vampires.
  • No, still here. Being working away from the PC a lot plus hiding my embarrassment for cocking up on the dates clash.

I should have guessed that you'd ask Arfur ;-) Ramadan is a Muslim religous holiday. For a month strict Muslims don't eat or drink during the day. Similar to giving up something for Lent for Christians
  • [quoteI should have guessed that you'd ask Arfur ;-) Ramadan is a Muslim religous holiday. For a month strict Muslims don't eat or drink during the day. Similar to giving up something for Lent for Christians[/quote]

And if they have a good row during this festival it's known as...

A Ramadan ding dong!!

I'll get me coat
  • [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]What the bloody hell is Ramadam or whatever he said.

No Eating in daylight. What are they vampires.

religious detox.

bloke at my work did it, although his 40th birthday fell in the last 3 days of it, so we all had a b'day cake, in front of him at lunchtime!
    then the first day he could drink, he was hammered after 1 glass of wine!
  • 'Enry - As an aside....any idea why on the outside of the Covered End (west corner) the outside cover/cladding (sorry dont know the technical term) has been removed. It's been like that since the covered end was redeveloped - it does look rather unsightly, and unfinished.
  • No, don't know but I know there are some "snagging" issues with Brise, the builders. Is it a safety risk or just unslightly?
  • It must be one hell of a snagging list as its been like this since the redevelopment. I doubt there are safety issues as I am sure they would not get passed our wonderful LBG H&E officials. But aesthetically, it is an eyesore.
  • That's probably the space they've given the VFC to put our flags... LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: JWADDICK[/cite][quoteI should have guessed that you'd ask Arfur ;-) Ramadan is a Muslim religous holiday. For a month strict Muslims don't eat or drink during the day. Similar to giving up something for Lent for Christians

i've often wondered if there are any strict muslims that live in northern norway.
    if so, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice to not eat during daylight hours if the holy month fell during 6 months darkness. on the other hand, if it fell during 6 months daylight it may be a bit of a struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone,

I'll ask next time I speak to Ketman Snr as that's his job.
  • i've often wondered if there are any strict muslims that live in northern norway.
    if so, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice to not eat during daylight hours if the holy month fell during 6 months darkness. on the other hand, if it fell during 6 months daylight it may be a bit of a struggle.

They don't go by local time but time at Mecca and I think Istanbul.

I was in Turkey a couple of years ago during Ramadan and in many places they send a drummer out around an hour before sunrise which was around 5AM to get people out of bed to eat before the day's fast kicks in.

Young children/babies and the sick who need medicine etc are allowed to break the fast.
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Young children/babies and the sick who need medicine etc are allowed to break the fast.

What about those who have been out on the sauce and need a burger king ?

I'd be screwed....
  • Don't take this the wrong way AFKA but I don't think you'd get very far as a Muslim. No Booze (banned), no Burger King (not halal meat) just leaves fags and you're meant to be giving those up.
  • have the friday morning regrets of the midnight burger king for the second week in a row.

must be bad as the only thing i can stomach at the mo is a muller rice.

Got to do it all again tonight.... :-(
  • See this is the thing about working in the City I miss. Getting home on the last train home stuffing a burger king after shed loads of alcohol in the middle of the week. I am so jealous.

Me get in my car home by 5.30pm each night, no alcohol, no burger king, Life sucks..!
  • edited November 2006
    it has it downsides ketman...

having to sit on a train every morning next to people stinking from the previous nights beer and curry...
    late trains and cancellations.
    sitting having to listen to some tosser while he rings his entire phone address book to while away his train journey and talk at the top of his voice.
    or listen to some 22 year old girl telling her mate at the top of her voice about her junky boyfriend banging her front door down at 8am on sunday morning
    getting the last train home dodging the vomit and punch ups.

what else?
  • you don't really want to feel like i do at the mo, believe me.

roll on the weekend.
  • Bad day at Office on Monday let's go for a quick drink then, then stay out all night.
    Bad day at Office on Tuesday let's go for a quick drink then, then stay out all night.
    Bad day at Office on Wednesday let's go for a quick drink then, then stay out all night.
    Bad day at Office on Thursday let's go for a quick drink then, then stay out all night.
    Friday Lunchtime drinking that turns into all day drinking.

Used to do it at Lloyds TSB for 17 years, wish I was still there now..!
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]it has it downsides ketman...

or listen to some 22 year old girl telling her mate at the top of her voice about her junky boyfriend banging her front door down at 8am on sunday morning

Is that a euphemism Curb-It?
  • Sponsored links:

• ha well no, though he probably did after she forgave him.