Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So , How Do We Avoid Our Traditional....

End Of Season Slump.

In the words of Danny BAKER (ok not great timing) Charlton Athletic ... 'Go up like a rocket , and down like a stick' how are we going to avoid it this season?

Bring in the kids?
Take the players for a BBQ?
Pretend we never have one?

Or , just offer everyone who renews their season ticket before the 9th of April a free packet of imodium.

Whats your solution?

Comments

• Win the rest of our games?
  • Keep the same team for the away matches and pick a different 11 for the home games. Winning at home has become psychological.
  • So , How Do We Avoid Our Traditional End Of Season Slump?

We're not
  • I suppose the more we focus on it, the more likely it exsists in our minds. How do we avoid it - not expect it to happen for starters!
  • I suppose the more we focus on it, the more likely it exsists in our minds. How do we avoid it - not expect it to happen for starters!

Look at our home form.
    Then you may go some way to understanding why some fans expect it to happen.
    And quite rightly.

• Just finish the season now - no slump (apart from the last few weeks)
  • Bring lack Lennie, his Houdini magic always kicked in at the end of the season!
  • edited March 2013
    All we need is two more wins or a win and a couple of draws.

As long as we stay up, that is all that matters. It's progress.
  • edited March 2013

All we need is two more wins or a win and a couple of draws.

As long as we stay up, that is all that matters. It's progress.

I'm with you BOC , its all about the staying up this season , not always pretty to watch , a few bumps along the way , sprinkled with a few incredible results , i'd have taken staying up at the start of the season , much as i want the season to end now , and us to be safe , i don't want it to end on a downer , i'd like to see up get 50 plus points as soon as possible and then blood a few youngsters.

I would have loved to have asked CP why he thought Charlton used to go on a slide at the end of the season when we were in the Premiership.

• If we don't end our end of season slump, we can start making plans for our League on
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013
    Look. It's proper Charlton. traditionally what we do is bring in a few journeymen loanees who underperform but provide good "scapegoat" fodder to distract us from the pain of going down the pan.

But that isn't going to happen this year!

Oh.
  • Boundless optimism and belief from the fans like at the Cardiff game. Lets leave the technical stuff to SCP - because lets face it what we say here isn't going to make the slightest difference on that score.
  • Hardly had an end of season slump last season did we?