Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards - Postive Message

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
I thought this was an interesting article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/09/24/sfgcha124.xml

What I like is that Pards seems to be acknowledging where, to some extent, he allowed things to go off the rails at West Ham. It is gratifying to me that he has analysed this and has gone about ensuring that he doesn't allow that to develop here.

More evidence that he's a top man.

Comments

• Options
    Yep my thoughts exactly, I really do think we have a top, top manager.

And I know some on here don't like him, but I think he is a good guy too - just look at his comments regarding West Ham staff, Charlton staff following relegation, Palace fans, Lisbie, Kishishev, ......... always warm and positive.
  • Options
    Proper club man - loyal to his staff and relates to the supporters.
  • Options
    hence he offloaded so much this year.
  • Options
    Agree he's loyal to his staff. Agree he's the right man for the job right now. Still don't like him as a person from first hand experience - he relates to the supporters en masse because it is a way to bring success to the club, and most importantly for him personally. One to one his arrogance shines through!

From the look of things on Saturday, the fourth official agrees with me - was forever telling him off on the touchline, and was so engrossed in doing this he even forgot to signal how many minutes extra time ;-}
  • Options
    No wonder Marcus Bent jumped at the chance to leave ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]No wonder Marcus Bent jumped at the chance to leave ;-)

Quite right, Dan, think Pardew out-ego'd him!