Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why doesn't bradley pritchard play for zimbabwe?

By all accounts was called up into the Zimbabwe 2014 wc squad, but hasn't gone further.
I can't imagine that they have better holding him back,

Comments

• Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Probably got better players
  • edited March 2013
    Too intelligent for a footballer?
  • Waiting for a call from Roy Hodgson instead.
  • Not good enough
  • We're talking about Zimbabwe here, he is more than good enough.
  • Hopefully cos he doesn't want to be associated with that scumbag Mugabe.
  • He was on their bench for their last round of qualifiers I think. I have no idea why he isn't starting for them as I don't think Zimbabwe is exactly a hot bed for center mids.
  • It was a few years ago, but my dad helped out at Dartford with their reserves and one of the Dartford first teamers was a zimbabwe international. I remember there being some major problems with Zimbabwean FA refusing to pay for the flights to Africa from the UK when they had an international match. So maybe they just prefer to pick Zimbabwean players playing in South Africa?
  • Getting back out again maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not rated by their manager
  • It was a few years ago, but my dad helped out at Dartford with their reserves and one of the Dartford first teamers was a zimbabwe international. I remember there being some major problems with Zimbabwean FA refusing to pay for the flights to Africa from the UK when they had an international match. So maybe they just prefer to pick Zimbabwean players playing in South Africa?

Tostao Kwashi was his name.
  • Because he's not good enough. Simple as
  • HARARE, (AFP) – Zimbabwe has dissolved the national football team for failing to qualify for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations as a major match-fixing scandal still overshadows their performance, an official said Friday.

“The team has been discarded in its entirety,” Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) president Cuthbert Dube told a news conference in the capital Harare.

Zimbabwe lost 0-2 to Angola in the last qualifying game for the continental tournament after it had carried a 3-1 lead in the first leg, and failed to qualify on away goals.

Shocked fans point to a 2009 match-fixing scandal involving the national team that resulted in a lifelong ban for 15 players and officials, which ZIFA announced in October.

The scandal might have contributed to the team’s poor performance in Angola, Dube added, without elaborating.

“We will rebuild from the under-20 and under- 23s. These are young people who are clean,” he said.

None of the players in Angola played in the “Asiagate” games.

The banned officials include former national team coach Sunday Chidzambwa and former ZIFA chief executive officer Henrietta Rushwaya.

Rushwaya sent the national team to play unsanctioned friendlies in Thailand and Malaysia, and a Singapore-based betting syndicate allegedly fixed the results.

Zimbabwe has qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations twice but has never qualified for the World Cup.

South Africa will host the January 19-February 10 Nations Cup

Tostao Kwashi was his name.
    Sounds like the second line of a song...