Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our Midfield

If Gower & Rouamba proved to be better than our current central midfielders who would you play in a midfield 4 or 5 with Harriott, Jackson, Kerkar, Jackson, Stephens, Hollands, Pritchard, Green, Wilson and Wagstaff available to partner them?

Comments

• On your premise if the new boys are the biz, I would play Harriott and Haynes as wide men with Stephens in a more creative role and Kermorgant up front. BUT (but but but) let's see how the new boys perform first. We are overloaded with ineffective midfielders, as hard as they try
  • I'm guessing Andy Hughes' charlton career is all but over.
  • Harriott and Jackson to share the wide left position, Harriott isn't ready to play 90 minutes every week yet, and Jackson has never been the answer there, although he does work well wit Wiggins. No-one has really made the wide right position their own, maybe it's Wagstaff's turn(or maybe Green's)
  • I would be gobsmacked if Rouamba gets more than a few minutes near the end of the season if/when we're safe.
    Powell probabaly has him in with a view to have a longer look at him for potentially next season.

I can't see Gower making less of an impact than Pritch/Stephens though.
  • Harriott, Jackson, Rouamba, Gower, Green
  • Rouamba wont play for at least 3-4 weeks.

I'd thought Gower will be in the starting 11 tomorrow and as you can't drop harriott it will have to be for Pritchard.
  • Rouamba wont play for at least 3-4 weeks.

I'd thought Gower will be in the starting 11 tomorrow and as you can't drop harriott it will have to be for Pritchard.

I think the only think stopping him playing is the work permit , I read somewhere be has been with us for about 6 weeks ( not sure how true that is ) so pretty much came straight to us after the AFCON, so I don't think fitness is a problem
  • harriott - jackson - gower - pritchard

would be my midfield 4, with solly encouraged to get forward as often as possible
  • edited March 2013

Rouamba wont play for at least 3-4 weeks.

I'd drop Wilson and play Pritchard wide right as @Leuth has above.
  • I'm guessing Andy Hughes' charlton career is all but over.

I'm guessing his career as a player is over
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

harriott - jackson - gower - pritchard

would be my midfield 4, with solly encouraged to get forward as often as possible

I do not think that Jackson can do 90 mins of effective football these days but I would want him to start. Stephens in a free role with Kermit alone up front could help and then maybe replace Pritchard with Waggy, who at least deserves a start in his proper position this season and he dovetails with Solly so well?

Harriott - Jackson - Stephens - Gower - Wagstaff
  • Redrobo said:

Leuth said:

harriott - jackson - gower - pritchard

I do not think that Jackson can do 90 mins of effective football these days but I would want him to start. Stephens in a free role with Kermit alone up front could help and then maybe replace Pritchard with Waggy, who at least deserves a start in his proper position this season and he dovetails with Solly so well?

Harriott - Jackson - Stephens - Gower - Wagstaff
    Agree - I think this midfield 5 will start today.