Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If it stayed 0-2

Would be 2 pts off relegation, home form would be sickening even though bad enough before the game and all would have been doom and gloom with people saying "I think where going down" almost resigning to it.

The big decisions by the ref went our way (those kind of decisions always take perspective and are debatable) and more importantly the players showed great courage, pulled their socks up and turned the game around. Had a Cardiff feel to it with classic JJ leading and getting us back into the game with gutsy sheer determination.

It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done.

There is quite a bit to say about this game but my phone is neally out of battery.

Comments

• It didn't though.
  • Off_it said:

It didn't though.

Even when we win we need a thread to moan in!

• Off_it said:

It didn't though.

Glad you noticed and shared that with us. Thanks!

• even if we did have the best of the decisions,we were certainly due some.dont think weve had rub of the green with refs this season.
  • Off_it said:

It didn't though.

Glad you noticed and shared that with us. Thanks!

Enjoy the game did you?
  • If we had not started with the 11 we started with we might not have won. And I'm very happy we did.
  • If my aunt had balls she'd be a disciple of NLA :-D
  • Good Job the players played with gutts heart and determination and to play for their boss their gaffer

Isnt that just great
  • Good Job the players played with gutts heart and determination and to play for their boss their gaffer

Isnt that just great

But what would the score have been if Powell wasn't appointed manager 2 years ago?

Chaos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good thread. This forum would have melted tonight if we had been defeated once again at home.

Thank god, that's not the case and we shall consolidate our position in the championship.
  • What a strange thread.
  • edited March 2013

What a strange thread.

Not at all. Did anyone see 3 points coming our way after 20 mins playing that badly.

• Good Job the players played with gutts heart and determination and to
    play for their boss their gaffer

Isnt that just great

But what would the score have been if Powell wasn't appointed manager 2 years ago?

Chaos.
    We wouldn't have played them in the Conference :-D
  • shirty5 said:

What a strange thread.

Not at all. Did anyone see 3 points coming our way after 20 mins playing that badly.

No but we won. What's the point on dwelling on a defeat that didn't happen? Enjoy the win.
  • If I hadn't gone to the match I wouldn't have seen that.
  • shirty5 said:

What a strange thread.

No but we won. What's the point on dwelling on a defeat that didn't happen? Enjoy the win.
    We are all enjoying the win, but there is nothing wrong about starting a thread like this. If you don't like the thread then keep your powder dry.
  • If I hadn't eaten any dinner tonight I'd still be hungry.
  • If I'd never ever bought a beer I'd be rich.
  • At 2-0 down I thought it was a curtains and was preparing for a sombre evening. I was anticipating coming on here and having to read post after post of 'Powell's shit, the players are shite and they don't care. I'm gonna wipe my arse on my ST renewal form, hang Dyer' type of boolocks.

But I'm not cos the boys dug deep, played for their manager and won the points. Happy tonight!

*salutes my fellow Addicks with a large vodka*
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

At 2-0 down I thought it was a curtains and was preparing for a sombre evening. I was anticipating coming on here and having to read post after post of 'Powell's shit, the players are shite and they don't care. I'm gonna wipe my arse on my ST renewal form, hang Dyer' type of boolocks.

But I'm not cos the boys dug deep, played for their manager and won the points. Happy tonight!

*salutes my fellow Addicks with a large vodka*

If you have a mixer with it will go further :-D
  • I've got lemonade and a big slice of lime RC ;o)
  • edited March 2013
    If only
  • edited March 2013
    When the second goal went in, I had visions of Powell getting the sack, Paul Jewell being appointed in his place and us dropping out of the division like loose excrement.

Thankfully, I know nothing about football and my glass if half full (with beer)!
  • Dave2l said:

Would be 2 pts off relegation, home form would be
    sickening even though bad enough before the game and all would have been doom and gloom with people saying "I think where going down" almost resigning to it.

The big decisions by the ref went our way (those kind of decisions always take perspective and are debatable) and more importantly the players showed great courage, pulled their socks up and turned the game around. Had a Cardiff feel to it with classic JJ leading and getting us back into the game with gutsy sheer determination.

It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done.

There is quite a bit to say about this game but my phone is neally out of battery.

Dave2l said:

Would be 2 pts off relegation, home form would be sickening even though bad enough before the game and all would have been doom and gloom with people saying "I think where going down" almost resigning to it.

Bore off.
  • Taking this a bit too seriously. Just highlighting how important the win was when at one stage it looked very unlikely and was demoralising.

Supposed to be a positive thread.
  • Dave2l said:

Taking this a bit too seriously. Just highlighting how important the win was when at one stage it looked very unlikely and was demoralising.

If you'd never had started the thread we'd not have taken it the wrong way.
    ;-)
  • Dave2l said:

Taking this a bit too seriously. Just highlighting how important the win was when at one stage it looked very unlikely and was demoralising.

Nothing wrong with the thread at all. If you look at the post match views I'm sure this would have been mentioned, so no harm bringing this up as a separate topic.
  • What an excellent way to practise the 3rd Conditional, lol. Shame the title of the thread is incorrect.
  • There was an interesting programme on Radio 4 tonight about history that didn't happen such as the speech JFK was going to give in Dallas.

Today was a similar event : - )