Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If it stayed 0-2

2»

Comments

• But for those that were there (not me) why were we so poor in the first 20 then ? Just out of interest .
  • Powell would be following Martin O'Neill into the Labour Exchange...........
  • I'd guess that the new partnerships of Jackson/Hughes and Morrison/Dervite were just so rusty. All in important positions as well, just made us look clueless giving them the freedom of The Valley.
  • If ref had given early penalty against Millwall, had Kermogants free-kick gone in, had Wilson scored from half a yard out - we would have beat Millwall. Ifs and buts.
  • If Dowie hadn't been sacked ... we might be in the Blue Square Premier league by now , instead of putting up with his ugly mug on Soccer Saturday.
  • excellent point Dave, you are right that the three points today were massive and have made the difference between a very serious risk of relegation and the position now that three or four more points ought to see us safe - well done to the players for their fighting spirit today
  • "It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done."

I love the way you try and claim that you played a part in the victory!! The covered end were silent till the our 2nd goal went in. Maybe the slow start wouldn't happen if the stand were singing at 0-0 and still at 0-1??????

• If we had Billy Davies as manager instead of Iain Dowie would we still be in the premiership ?

If BWP's header gone in against Palace, would we have gotten something out of the game and BWP scored a few more goals and still be at the club ?

Refereeing decisions and luck tend to even out over the season, as long as the effort is sustained from the team. The team showed great fighting spirit yesterday. Andy Hughes and Johnny Jackson showed some leadership on the pitch.
  • CafcMee said:

"It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done."

I love the way you try and claim that you played a part in the victory!! The covered end were silent till the our 2nd goal went in. Maybe the slow start wouldn't happen if the stand were singing at 0-0 and still at 0-1??????

Utter drivel they were singing, did you sing then?
    As it happens Powell has gone on record saying how great our supporters have been!
  • Not a fan of the word if.
    Makes too many bloody conversations irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• If the lino hadn't given that freekick against Fulham(?) the year we got relegated from the prem and we managed to stay up would we be more happy or less happy than we are now?
  • The bloke next to me left after 0-2. Ha!
  • The bloke next to me left after 0-2. Ha!

He's probably now moaning on this thread !

• What if it had gone to 0-6 !!?? .. I can imagine even the cardi and flask brigade laying waste to the West and East stands and besieging the players in the dressing room
  • If the lino hadn't given that freekick against Fulham(?) the year we got relegated from the prem and we managed to stay up would we be more happy or less happy than we are now?

hahahaha
  • CafcMee said:

"It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done."

What a load of rubbish. We sang the hole game and why is it always the covered ends duty to sing the other stands can chip in aswell!
  • Dave2l said:

Would be 2 pts off relegation, home form would be sickening even though bad enough before the game and all would have been doom and gloom with people saying "I think where going down" almost resigning to it.

The big decisions by the ref went our way (those kind of decisions always take perspective and are debatable) and more importantly the players showed great courage, pulled their socks up and turned the game around. Had a Cardiff feel to it with classic JJ leading and getting us back into the game with gutsy sheer determination.

It was as it happens a must win game, we done it and saw it through to the end. Coverd end played a big part too well done.

There is quite a bit to say about this game but my phone is neally out of battery.

we may well have had the best of the decisions,think you could bebate that ,but we havent had many go our way this season.so i think we were due some.