Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton by car

Anybody driving to tonights game?if so what park and ride are you using?thanks

Comments

• From The football groud guide;
    The Club are encouraging fans to use the Park & Ride services located at three different locations; Mill Road (BN1 8ZF), Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) and Mithras House at Brighton University (BN2 4AT).
  • Good luck getting back to the P&R after the game. Shouldn't take more than an hour - Pack supplies :-)
  • can't decide whether to go to the University site, and get out of Brighton that way, or drive to Lewes and get the train.
  • So anyone with advice on where to park? Ideally want to avoid park and ride's as they will take rather long after the game I imagine!
  • Have NO tickets, but sitting here at 12.30 feel like schlepping down there and trying to suss out some way of seeing the match...is this gonna work?
  • Just found out the ground is called Amex ! I can't accept that.
  • Rothko said:

can't decide whether to go to the University site, and get out of Brighton that way, or drive to Lewes and get the train.

Drive to lewes will be your best shout !

• Rothko said:

can't decide whether to go to the University site, and get out of Brighton that way, or drive to Lewes and get the train.

But then aren't there big train station queues, or is that against the crowd? I think I'm going to have to convince people to stay for a beer in the ground after.

• Trains are poxy...either 2 or 4 car only...ala Bolton.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Rothko said:

But then aren't there big train station queues, or is that against the crowd? I think I'm going to have to convince people to stay for a beer in the ground after.

Hmm, yeah true i know there's a big que to go back to brighton station, not to sure about Lewes way, but can imagine it to be big aswell. However i wasn't sure if you aloud to park in the university campus ?.
  • RedPanda said:

Rothko said:

I'm thinking maybe the race course, as if it came to it we could walk back? Or is it too far?
  • I think ill be parking at the mill road park and ride easiest one off of the motorway
  • Tor said:

RedPanda said:

Rothko said:

I'm thinking maybe the race course, as if it came to it we could walk back? Or is it too far?
    4 miles according to Google Maps. I prefer the drink option and can see what my Brighton mate is up to (the bar's mixed afterwards), but we'll have to ask what time the park and ride finishes.
  • bonkers wiv all them fields around they couldn't make a car park..
  • razil said:

bonkers wiv all them fields around they couldn't make a car park..

this.

I hate park & rides, but will go with the mill rd one as it looks the easiest...........but woe betide if I'm standing around afterwards waiting for a bus as I'm likely to start shouting !!

• razil said:

bonkers wiv all them fields around they couldn't make a car park..

Those field are needed for my helicopter

Probably green belt restrictions as well
  • Just bunk in seth scouser style
  • Moulsecoomb is probably the best place to get the park and ride to if you are going to town afterwards. Its on the Uni campus car park and actually right near Moulsecoomb station (one stop from Falmer) and there are loads of buses from town til about 4 in the morning. There is also no chance you'd ever be asked for a ticket at Moulsecoomb station (from experience)
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm at the university.
    Plenty of room so far.
  • My mate just texted. Parked 500 yards away from Amex but it cost £13!
  • I'm at the Uni, loads of room
  • edited April 2013
    Sitting on the bed in my seafront hotel room, nice cold beer and watching the chase on ITV+1 - cab booked for 19:05. Parking is a total nightmare in Brighton though - visited a mate who lives in Hove this morning and had to pay to park by his house!
  • Sitting on the bed in my seafront hotel room, nice cold beer and watching the chase on ITV+1 - cab booked for 19:05. Parking is a total nightmare in Brighton though - visited a mate who lives in Hove this morning and had to pay to park by his house!

Are the pubs closed ?
  • With wife and son - excuse for a mini break in Brighton.
  • Piece of piss from Uni, home at 11:30 which ain't bad at all
  • Train to Lewes. Drive. Home at 11.45.

Told the trains are usually better after the game, but were screwed up by signal problems tonight.
  • What a poxy place to get to and out of. Took us 1 hour to find somewhere to park, and also 1 hour to get back to car. The place was pandemonium with people everywhere and huge queues for the train that i wanted to keep my son away from.
    Nice stadium and people, but never again do i want to experience that rubbish againin getting to and from a ground - think i'd rather have the Palace 3 mile enforced hike than that rubbish.
  • Wont be going there again in a hurry, Done the Park & Ride as they suggested and parked in Mill Rd, which is at the roundabout where the A27 meets the A23. Got there at 6.15 and only just got a space - anyone getting there after 6.30 would have found it full. Sat in the car for 15 mins having our tea (sandwiches) and got a bus just after 6.40pm...............spent 30 mins trying to get off the A27 at Falmer and can see fans missing the start if they get later buses.

However, the fun & games start on the return journey. Time we clapped the team off, had a wee (2+ hr journey home so absolutly neccessary) we exited the ground to find stewards holding placards telling you where to queue for the different park & rides (good touch)...........apart from the fact the queues stretched half way round the car park. It took an hour from this point to to time we got back to our car, a ridiculous amount of time and good job it wasn't raining. Once on the bus it didn't take long, but had to wait 45 mins for a bus on a freezing cold night is just not on. Someone at the Amex needs to re-think things otherwise more impatient fans could cause havoc !