Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lifers on the Pitch Saturday.

Look out for six lifers representing the site and handing over a cheque to Paul Hart for the Academy at about 2.40/2.45

Comments

• To save others the trouble, can I ask if you'll be holding hands?
  • Will it be one of those giant cheques?
  • true lifers will be getting their final beer ordered in the lib at 2.45pm... good luck to all those taking part and whatever you do dont wave at the jimmy seed stand..

it will haunt you forever... ;-)

LOL. I almost made that joke myself.

No, because we're playing Leeds
    and I won't be there anyway : - )
  • It will and that's why I'm not going on the pitch you Bastard ; - )
  • cafc-west said:

Will it be one of those giant cheques?

No, only £3,000

LOL

• Have a great day those that have been chosen. I had a memorable time last year when the pitch was in much better condition!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013

true lifers will be getting their final beer ordered in the lib at 2.45pm... good luck to all those taking part and whatever you do dont wave at the jimmy seed stand..

it will haunt you forever... ;-)

Nice cardie, Henry.

• You can see why some people find the old Brighton chants funny...
  • WSS said:

Still remains my.favourite ever pic on here

Closely followed by the Kenneth Williams one :-)
  • The hand that launched a thousand wits.. Soz best i cd do
  • £3000 in change....Dont forget the wheelbarrow
  • Good to meet all the lifers on the pitch today. Sorry it was all so rushed but we were well behind schedule.

One of the reasons why this forum is like no other, even tough we may all disagree on certain subjects, is how everyone pulls together to support our club.
  • BDL said:

Good to meet all the lifers on the pitch today. Sorry it was all so rushed but we were well behind schedule.

One of the reasons why this forum is like no other, even tough we may all disagree on certain subjects, is how everyone pulls together to support our club.

You had a bit of a mare before the game! what happened?

• Cafc999 jnr loved it! Really good to put faces to names.
  • BDLBDL
    edited April 2013

BDL said:

Good to meet all the lifers on the pitch today. Sorry it was all so rushed but we were well behind schedule.

I had the team sheet and a different selection appeared on the screen!
  • I thought this thread was an invitation for a mass pitch invasion by Lifers. Disgraceful :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• BDL said:

BDL said:

The half time jackpot details were a bit off as well. I hope you disciplined the culprit BigDL !! :o)
  • So, who were the select band then?
  • edited April 2013
    BDL said:

BDL said:

You seemed to be singling out Tom out quite a bit care to expand?
  • So which Lifers went on the pitch in the end?
  • LenGlover said:

So which Lifers went on the pitch in the end?

Well I was one (the big bald bloke at the back) along with my son (charltondave85) who stood at the side, others can name themselves if they so wish. Hopefully someone will publish a picture on here so you can see how handsome we all looked.

• LenGlover said:

So which Lifers went on the pitch in the end?

Well I was one (the big bald bloke at the back) along with my son (charltondave85) who stood at the side, others can name themselves if they so wish. Hopefully someone will publish a picture on here so you can see how handsome we all looked.

I went on with cafc999jnr. I too am big and bald, Seems to be a pattern forming :)

I got a picture of cafc999jnr in the dugout before the match. Once I have sorted out how to get it off my phone I will post it.

I know we was only on the edge of the pitch for a few minutes but the stands look massive and loads of activity going on.
  • I'm not particularly big and certainly not bald - as you know, Len! I took along a pal, as Mr W was at Twickenham for rugby. Should get a few photos from said pal tomorrow and will post on here.

We handed over the cheque to Steve Avory - £3k raised from the auctions on here. Big thank you to all contributors.

The pitch really is a nightmare - I nearly went skiting on it!! Just as well Paddy Powell didn't see my stiletto boots...

Pleasure to meet Kerry, Dave, CAFC 999 and his son.
  • I'm not particularly big and certainly not bald - as you know, Len! I took along a pal, as Mr W was at Twickenham for rugby. Should get a few photos from said pal tomorrow and will post on here.

We handed over the cheque to Steve Avory - £3k raised from the auctions on here. Big thank you to all contributors.

The pitch really is a nightmare - I nearly went skiting on it!! Just as well Paddy Powell didn't see my stiletto boots...

Pleasure to meet Kerry, Dave, CAFC 999 and his son.

Cheers Heather it was a pleasure to meet you and have a chat, hope you got home to Scotland safe, look forward to seeing your photos.
    Regards
    Kerry and Dave
  • edited April 2013
    My sources tell me there will be a picture of the Lifers on the pitch in the programme today and an article on the OS later in the week.
  • I assume this will be in the programme, must buy a few additional copies for my adoring fans, wonder if I should autograph them as well? :-)