Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cup history

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
bar brentford i think every london club has at least reached a semi final in the last 30 odd years,its pathetic really,its a two bit cup,but still shamefull.im off to bed,feel sorry for the away following.

Comments

• im talking both cups as well,lol
  • Fulham? Orient? QPR? What have they ever done?
  • fulham were in a final in 76 qpr in the 80s and i think tiny orient made a semi in the seventies,all in the fa cup,oh and qpr won this cup ,there you go.
  • or was fulham 77? either way its more recent than us.
  • Fulham were cup finalists in 75, QPR won his in the sixties. Orient are a shite club with no history.

Don't be so downbeat!
  • I'm cupped in hand As we speak?
  • cunningstunt87 our cup record is shite,in most of our fans lifetime they have not even provided a cup semi final for us,those shite clubs above have,but its over now.
  • Its the league cup for another season. Its not the end of the world.

Cup Semi or Promotion?
  • what a silly question,im stating how crap we are in the cup,be honest want to go up but no if we go up its playing one up front,getting beat,and still no cup run,be nice to be able to take my eldest to a big cup game once in a while.
  • If we go up, then next season I would focus a bit more on the cups, because you don't need to win so many games to survive (which would be the priority) as you do for promotion push.
  • Sponsored links:

• heres hoping
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]heres hoping

But I don't think Pards will be too fazed at being knocked out, but I think you'll find he'll be well annoyed at the 2nd half performance - and will say so.

Pards has always said promotion is his priority and nothing will be allowed to get in the way.
  • Yep, definitely got our Charlton back.
  • Can't remember the last time we won at Luton, Know it's a cup game but lets get back to winning on saturday.
    Luton won't win the cup but can enjoy the moment,it's over for us.
  • promotion or beating relegation is most clubs bar the big 7 priority,for the last 60 years its been are priority to get out of cups as meekly as possible,i envy clubs who get to the big stage whether it carling or fa cup,clubs like boro,leicster,and recently the team down the road,there has to be a point.
  • I don't think clubs intend to go out meekly. How furious would Arsene Wenger have been with his team last year, his youngsters daring to reach the final, if that was the case?
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Can't remember the last time we won at Luton

Can remember seeing us go a goal down in November 1971.
    But, 2nd half, Keithy Peacock equalised and we went on to win 2-1.

And didn't we win 1-0 about 1994 one freezing night - the winner scored, I think by David Whyte, Whyte, Whyte?
  • i think winning a couple of home games has lifted our beliefs on how good our squad actually is, probably to artificial levels.

We are nowhere near good enough to send out an entire second string team for a midweek away match in a cup game.

Whether preserving the first team for the coming league games is more important is another argument, but that was the route that was taken.

Now its down to the manager and the players to go and win those next couple of league games, and in turn justify the decision.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Can't remember the last time we won at Luton, Know it's a cup game but lets get back to winning on saturday.

True enough.I'd much rather go out of the cup than see the 'man who cracked a thousand mirrors' (and nearly ruined our football club)'s big butt ugly face smirking if they beat us on Saturday.

Come on you reds.

It's payback time!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Can't remember the last time we won at Luton, Know it's a cup game but lets get back to winning on saturday.

True enough.I'd much rather go out of the cup than see the 'man who cracked a thousand mirrors' (and nearly ruined our football club)'s big butt ugly face smirking if they beat us on Saturday.

Come on you reds.

It's payback time!!!

I echo these sentiments.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• whos needs wembley we got the richo
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]whos needs wembley we got the richo

What about a playoff final at Wembley against Coventry.

Charlton are 9-0 up and Dowie,on as a substitute due to a severe bout of sickness in the Coventry camp,scores an own goal to make it 10-0 to the mighty reds!!

I had a similar dream where palace were involved and Jordan was in goal for them.