Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I agree with Pards,but for christ sake Izale

2»

Comments

• edited September 2007
    don't you agree with the lisbie bashing though morts,he was being asked and slated for not doin at Premiership,he's settled in very nicely for Colchester.
  • NSS, he hasn't scored in the championship yet but has he actually started a game in the championship yet?
  • yeah lisbie found it hard at the highest level but never got a real good run of starting games and maybe championship is his level... who knows with izale ?? i think we'll only see a lot of him if we fail as a team ( have a real bad run / don't get promoted) cos i don't think he'll get any sort of run in the team if we do well or go up
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]good job he went down against Narwich otherwise we'd be two points worse off. Think it's getting to him and he is now trying too hard to score. One off his arse or knee and he'll be off and running. Was willing the lad to score but ...
    We gave Lisbie 11 years to prove himself so I think Izale deserves a bit more time yet !!

agree here with large! i cant believe people are getting on his back so early on! he is a young raw talent who won us the naaaaaaarrrrrrich game, and when he scores he will be a great asset coming on to run and scare at tired defenders!

Give the guy a break, i bet he scores more than lisbie in 3 seasons! To compare him to the under performing under achieving lisbie just wont help! once he scores, then thats all he needs. why do some of our fans have to carry on like yids fans! its stupid
  • Amen to Ollie
  • Jason Euell. Big fee, missed some sitters early on but kept going,scored a pen at Derby and went on to be top scorer three years on the bounce
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Maybe the board has an influence on what to go for ?

Cos the board wouldn't have wanted a nice pay day at Old Trafford or Highbury in the next round.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Jason Euell. Big fee, missed some sitters early on but kept going,scored a pen at Derby and went on to be top scorer three years on the bounce
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Maybe the board has an influence on what to go for ?

Cos the board wouldn't have wanted a nice pay day at Old Trafford or Highbury in the next round.

I'm not so sure Henry, look at the numbers we've a taken to Old Trafford in the past few years. Would it really make that much of an impact on finances in the longer term?

I don't know how much of a pay day Highbury would be these days either.......
  • in the cup though Carter gate fees get split down the middle i think??

considering that the arse apparently get £3m for a home league game it would be nicey nice if its true
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]in the cup though Carter gate fees get split down the middle i think??

considering that the arse apparently get £3m for a home league game it would be nicey nice if its true

plus maybe a TV game. Every little bit helps.
  • MCS YOUR MISSING THE POINT LISBIE HAD TO PERFORM IN THE PREMIERSHIP,BUT PEOPLE KNOCKED HIM FULL STOP.DID YOU OR WERE YOU A SUPPORTER OF HIS?BUT PEOPLE FIND IT UNACCEPTABLE THAT I QUESTION MCCLEODS ABILITY AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL.LISBIE IS PROVING HE CAN AND WILL SCORE GOALS AT THIS LEVEL SOMETHING MCCLEOD IS YET TO DO.HOW OLD IS MCCLOED IS HE AS YOUNG AS EVERYONE SAYS?FINALLY DONT EVER COMPARE ME TO A YID FAN,I PUT MY HAND IN MY POCKET DURING THE SELHURST AND UPTON PARK YEARS TO BECOME A VIP HOLDER AND FOLLOWED US HOME AND AWAY DURING THE CRAP YEARS,WHEN YOU WERE PROBABLY STILL IN PAMPERS SO PLEASE DON'T COMPARE ME TO MOANING GLORY BOYS.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]MCS YOUR MISSING THE POINT LISBIE HAD TO PERFORM IN THE PREMIERSHIP,BUT PEOPLE KNOCKED HIM FULL STOP.DID YOU OR WERE YOU A SUPPORTER OF HIS?BUT PEOPLE FIND IT UNACCEPTABLE THAT I QUESTION MCCLEODS ABILITY AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL.LISBIE IS PROVING HE CAN AND WILL SCORE GOALS AT THIS LEVEL SOMETHING MCCLEOD IS YET TO DO.HOW OLD IS MCCLOED IS HE AS YOUNG AS EVERYONE SAYS?FINALLY DONT EVER COMPARE ME TO A YID FAN,I PUT MY HAND IN MY POCKET DURING THE SELHURST AND UPTON PARK YEARS TO BECOME A VIP HOLDER AND FOLLOWED US HOME AND AWAY DURING THE CRAP YEARS,WHEN YOU WERE PROBABLY STILL IN PAMPERS SO PLEASE DON'T COMPARE ME TO MOANING GLORY BOYS.

Stop Shouting !
  • give the geezer a chance nss. what is he gonna gain from comments like that! i am a bit yonger than you, and was to young to have money to put in my pocket in the first place. my first game was at selhurst, i used to tag along with my bro and a few lifers! maybe i aint a proper fan cos i didnt put my hand in my pocket, sorry about that!

all i am saying, is that you cant really compare mcleod and lisbie, let him comlpete a few seasons before you say he is crap, for all you know he may well tear up training sessions, and once he has a bit of confidence he may come good. pards didnt sign him nothing ya know!

oh and there is no need to shout!! ;-)
  • Lisbie was good enough to score a hatrick in the premiership.

The problem with him was not lack of talent or lack of effort but a run of injuries which prevented him ever getting a proper run in the side.

Strikers need confidence to be successful and the negative attitude towards him of some of our so called "supporters" meant that we lost somebody Di Canio described as the most talented player at the club when we had a team good enough to finish 7th in the Prem.

The jury is out on Mc Cleod but it is way too early to get on his back. You could argue that it is a positive that he got himself in the position to miss the chances he did. For goodness sake a week ago he won the two penalties which gave us 3 precious league points!

Are we Spurs or West ham fans?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'll buy the other stuff (i wasn't referring to Charlton specifically, but football in general), but not that bit.

They have been training 16 weeks, having already had good core fitness, and would of played up to 16 games by now. If you're not match fit by then, you never will be.

It's not just a question of being physically tired but mental tiredness plays a part too.

The players know the expectation this season is promotion and that anything less will be considered failure.

That constant expectation must take a toll unless you have the ability to completely switch off.
  • i would suspect the 8hrs on the Xbox / Playstation or whatever it is all these pro's seem to be addicted to, would have more impact on mental tiredness than having to play football every 3 or 4 days. Ist not like that's constant either, there's international breaks more regular than a museli breakfast.
  • This reminds me of reams on the other board gettin well wound up by the fact we hadn't bought the right quality of players to even get into the play-offs, and this was about 2 weeks into pre-season. I fear you're making the same mistake.

The bloke has played one full game since he has been here. Enough said.
  • I was there last night, at one stage McCleod could of got the ball but instead he slowed down and let the opposition get it. Great commitment...
  • He needs a run in the team. If he's still crap at the end of the season I'll hold my hands up.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Lisbie was good enough to score a hatrick in the premiership.

The problem with him was not lack of talent or lack of effort but a run of injuries which prevented him ever getting a proper run in the side.

Strikers need confidence to be successful and the negative attitude towards him of some of our so called "supporters" meant that we lost somebody Di Canio described as the most talented player at the club when we had a team good enough to finish 7th in the Prem.

The jury is out on Mc Cleod but it is way too early to get on his back. You could argue that it is a positive that he got himself in the position to miss the chances he did. For goodness sake a week ago he won the two penalties which gave us 3 precious league points!

Are we Spurs or West ham fans?

Totally agree Len. Hey McLeod might turn out to be a bad purchase, but not on the evidence of what we've seen so far. It's just too early. And me, I'd rather trust the judgement of Pards who this season has brought us so far. Moo2, Racon, Iwelumo, Varney, Tody, Semedo amoungst others. Lets give the bloke a chance eh?
  • I don't know why people have to shout or become abusive in order to stand behind their point.
    We are all Charlton supporters and none of us better or worse than the next fan.

I've never known of a player becoming a better player because of abuse - generally players try too hard, become desperate in the tackle or suddenly become unable to pass to a team mate. But when a player grows in confidence, it becomes apparent for all to see and any errors easily overlooked.

Some players are tough mentally, especially the hardnut defenders who are happy to kick an opponent 10 feet into the air. But the creative players are often the more sensitive ones, the true artists on the pitch - these players respond hugely to the crowd getting behind them.

Fans choose to support a player or openly abuse him. I've never understood why some so called supporters support their team by deriding or abusing a player the moment he makes a mistake. It can easily destroy that player.

So let's not destroy players like McLeod.

For crying out loud, we're all supposed to be on the same side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spot on Oggy.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Spot on Oggy.

Seconded!!
  • agreed....what a fickle bunch....Can't believe you are giving a guy stick who has just come to the club and played only a couple of games. Give him until the end of the season and then make a judgement.....from what I have seen he tries 10 times harder than M. Bent and I'll take that any day
  • ffs people are allowed to slag off players on websites and express their views negative or positive on forums like this, cos i'm pretty sure none of the players read these sort of things .
    It's in the ground where the players don't need to hear the calls of derision and boos whenever they make a mistake.
    It really doesn't make any difference whether we're positive , negative , neutal or whatever on this website cos if it did the fantasy land that some were living in, last year about us staying in the premiership, would have become a reality.
    It's obviously too early to have an objective opinion on izale cos we haven't seen enough of him but it doesn't make it wrong to pass comment on whether you think he'll make it or not.
  • Strangely, i agree with everything BOTH Oggy and ooh aah say. It does seem that football 'supporters' in general these days are quicker to knock players than ever before. Whether its because the demands, the profile of the game, the cost of attending or the salary commanded by the players has increased so vastly, i'm not sure.

But sites / boards such as this are exactly the places to get off your chest your views. Some post instant comments, what they're thinking at the time, others prefer a more considered approach. Its what makes boards such as this tick and become so strangely addictive, particularly the different characters it attracts.

I persoannly prefer to go down the 'give as much support as we can' route, and hope that everything and everyone will come good. Others say it how they see it for now, but equally run the risk of egg on their face later. As long as they're man enough to put their hands up, like NSS did with Samedo this week, then i can't see a problem and its all part of the fun.

Oh, and players do read these boards Ooh Aah. Just hope they don't take them too seriously.
  • Morts just remember who didn't have to buy anybody a drink last year when we didn't stay up when CharltonFantasyLife constantly reassured us we would be fine and told us off for being negative.