Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The peasants are revolting.....

Comments

• They didn't mind being his toy for the last few seasons by the looks of things.
  • the same prawn munching peasants that didn't want Ranieri out before he brought Jose in....
  • good on 'em I say. their most successful manager ever - it would be like Arsenal getting rid of Wenger
  • Or Charlton getting rid of Jimmy Seed.......
  • I'm with Ali on this one, they didn't care when things were going well and they were tapping up players left right and centre with his money.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the same prawn munching peasants that didn't want Ranieri out before he brought Jose in....[/quote]

Just what I was thinking. If they want "their" club back maybe they can swap it for all the trophies Roman bought them.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the same prawn munching peasants that didn't want Ranieri out before he brought Jose in....

Just what I was thinking. If they want "their" club back maybe they can swap it for all the trophies Roman bought them.

My old man is mates with a number of old school chelsea and they would quite gladly swap all the trophies for their club back. Most of them had been going to Chelsea all their life but now tend not to bother due to the obvious. I am not fond of Chelsea but get rid of the glory hunters and the wankers and you're left with real fans who've been shafted by a Russian turning their football club turned into a corporation in a game that is no longer about sport and the local community but about money and greed.
  • Is that John Terry on the left?
  • Hilarious. Could not happen to a bigger bunch of twats. They were quite happy lecturing everyone a few years back on how "Roman won't leave us in the lurch, he could have chosen any club but he chose us and he loves the club." Yeah, right.

Like the old saying goes, "He who pays the piper calls the tune," and Roman just decided that he wants to call the tune and, as we all know, that only ever ends one way. Badly.
  • cant wait for roman to say 'well bollox then' and shave off leaving the club in serious money trouble. see how many chelsea shirts you see round the local towns then.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he did pull the pin then I have no doubt he would find another billionaire to takeover since they are undoubtedly a big asset because of the CL revenues and location. However, whoever takes over will not be happy at losing the UK120 million per season that they are losing at the moment and will put a much tighter reign on finances.

That would effectively bring Chelsea right back to the pack in terms of the big four and I doubt the new owners would be able to resist selling on a few assets (Lampard, Drogba) to cover the debts that have been accrued.

Will Roman still be there at the end of the decade? I seriously doubt it.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Hilarious. Could not happen to a bigger bunch of twats. They were quite happy lecturing everyone a few years back on how "Roman won't leave us in the lurch, he could have chosen any club but he chose us and he loves the club." Yeah, right.

Like the old saying goes, "He who pays the piper calls the tune," and Roman just decided that he wants to call the tune and, as we all know, that only ever ends one way. Badly.

Call me Mr Picky (or is it Pikey) , but didn't Roman appoint Jose?? So without the huge money that he offered Jose, and the unlimited funds available for Jose to spend, would Jose have given coming to manage Chelski another though? I f*cking doubt it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]That would effectively bring Chelsea right back to the pack in terms of the big four

Did they ever get above the pack? I'd still say Man U and Arsenal are 'bigger' clubs, and that's apparent in their turnover, profit and success. Also, Chelsea are not the current Premiership champions and have never won the Champions League!
  • When they won the back to back titles I think it is fair to say that the establishment were crapping themselves because you can get the odd one-off winner (Blackburn, Leeds) but two in a row means there is something there.

I think when they poached that Jon Obi Mikel from Man Utd and Cole from the Arsenal then that was also a major shot across both their bows and a sign that they were the pre-eminent club.

No doubt that they are huge wage payers and can beat anyone in the transfer market under Roman if they need to but these internal politics going on ther could be poison for them.

So, I think that, yes, they did pull away for a while there but came back to the pack last season and are now well back within the top 4 grouping.