Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SUNDAY'S HEADLINES TODAY: Coventry

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
The old favourite gets its first outing of the season, do you worst people !

DOWIE DESPAIR AS CHARLTON WIN UGLY

Following the joy of their midweek win at Old Trafford, Cov come back down to earth with a thud as Charlton ran riot at the Ricoh on Saturday. One positive for Dowie was a ball smashed in his face by ex-signing Andy Reid, which helped straighten Dowie's nose by 32 degrees.

Comments

• City go walkabout as Charlton go top

Iain Dowie, sacked by today's visitors for amoung other things alledgedy getting his Charlton squad team lost on a pre-match walk saw he current defence go walkabout at the Ricoh yesterday.

Andy Reid, the sole survivor from Dowie's Charlton spending spree, had no problem in finding his way to the goal, scoring one and setting up another for Luke Varney before super sub Izel McLeod scored his first goal for the premiership bound Addicks

MOM: Reid - Walking back to happiness
  • ZZ TOPS LEAVE COVENTRY LOOKING GAUNT

Not only did Coventry suffer from late strike from Chinese sensation Zheng Zhi, they also suffered the indignity and embarrassment of thei outspoken, overweight fan and radio host Jon Gaunt demanding the Chinaman should be thrown out the country immediately as he has 'no right being here', and that Cov should be handed the points by default.
  • PARDS ON MCLEOD NINE THANKS TO GROTESQUE COVENTRY PERFORMANCE

Fresh from their cup giantkilling Dowies Coventry hit rock bottom thanks to Izale McLeods late brace and some woeful defending. Dowies defence looked in need of an A-Z as Charltons wing wonders strolled through Coventrys pedestrian defence. Coventry started well but looked like they may have had a bizarre halftime dressing room intervention as they came out a completely different side and we dispatched thanks to Izale Mcleods first two finishes for his new club.
  • COVENTRY NO SHOW HANDS ADDICKS THREE POINTS

Charlton manager Alan Pardew was left shocked and stunned as his side picked up an important three points against Coventry by forefeit. Coventry manager Iain Dowie is well known for his team building exercises, and this time it went a bit too far as a Friday training session involved a game of Cricket (an exercise which didnt go down very well at his former employers). Because of this, Dowie was left confused an hour before kick-off when his Old Trafford heroes failed to turn up at The Ricoh Arena. He then found out that his players enjoyed the game of cricket so much more than football that they had all gone to play in a local team's last game of the season! Dowie said, "Maybe my team exercises are a bit stupid, and this one has come back and hit me right on my decidedly dodgy nose". Addicks manager Pardew agreed.
  • "Coventry 3 Charlton 2"

Charlton's defence go awol again.
  • edited September 2007
    CHARLTON WIN-MILLS BLOW GRAY CLOUDS OVER

Danny Mills powered Charlton to victory with a late thumping header and then saw Julian Gray red carded for furiously remonstrating with the ref over claims that Mills had thumped him first
  • I like the Gaunty one AFKA.

Remember reading one of his blurbs in The Sun a few months back basically saying that the National Stadium should have been built at Coventry instead of Wembley.

Absolute plum.

I know, lets build our National Stadium next to the worst Motorway in the world.
  • The Independent: Charlton hit Championship summit in style

News of the World: Charlton's change of class, since dire Dowie's departure

Sunday Sport: Dowie quits for acting role in Goonies 2
  • IS THIS THE WAY TO RAID-THE-RICOH?

Iain Dowie may have a PhD in rocket science but Alan Pardew's Charlton taught him a lesson in football today (unfortunately they were unable to help with the Geography tutoring Dowie's so desperately in need of).

Dowie disappeared at half time to return to his family home claiming the Coventry chairman had given him the second half off but not before brokering a £3million deal to bring Ali Dia to the Ricoh. Dia, still claiming to be George Weah's cousin, impressed Dowie during his ill feted stay at Southampton.
  • DRAMA AS THOMAS SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE FOOT

Charlton coasted to the top of the table with an easy 3-0 win against Coventry. However, the real drama came three hours before kick off at the Charlton team hotel, in an episode Dream Team would of been proud of.

On hearing he had once again been omitted from the 16-man squad, surly Charlton winger Jeremy Thomas pulled a handgun on manager Alan Pardue, screaming about disrespect. In the melee that followed, Thomas accidently fired the handgun into his own foot, ruling him out for the rest of the season.

Police have confirmed a 24 year old, sometimes talented but in serious need of a reality check, winger is helping them with their enquiries.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOWIE PROVES 3 POINTS

Coventry's win against Charlton left Dowie glowing with pride against the background of his motivational charts and team slogans in the after match press conference. 'My brother and I are going to have a few drinks on this one' he quipped. 'That showed 'em what a mistake they made.' Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank, an honary guest of the club added 'He showed faith in me and I repayed that with a fantastic goal at Chesterfield, in Iain's favourite competition. This game was only in the league and that shows what a good manager Iain is.