Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hammers ground

was there for work yesterday, looks a lot different from when I was last there, probably 10 years or so. impressed with a lot of it, especially the prawn sarnie brigade bits and new stands, but dont quite know what to make of the bizarre hotel rooms (very tacky ones) overlooking the pitch.

the worst bit of it has to be the extremely crap looking castle towers at the entrance, they look like they are made of plastic and remind me of the castle in the centre of Cardiff, which looks like it was built yesterday and is a crude replica of the real thing.

Comments

• agree, the outside of the main stand makes it look very cheap.
  • What do you mean? The lego looks great!!!

Must admit I rather it wasn't there, very cheap & tacky.
    The hotel rooms are the directors boxes transforemed into rooms on non-match days.
    Not had the pleasure of staying there and very much doubt I ever will do. Not a bad money making idea though.
  • Cant have many people wanting to stay in that part of London can they?

maybe in 2012
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]but dont quite know what to make of the bizarre hotel rooms (very tacky ones) overlooking the pitch.

I remember a certain episode on Soccer AM with Chris Kamara in one of those rooms - woke me up from a hangover!
  • indeed, she was a cracker