Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I like Curbs ...

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
... until I hear him ... then he irritates the f out of me!

Comments

• No change there then.?
  • Have never "liked" him. Respect, admire and am grateful to him though. But there is nothing to like about him. Dour, sour, full of cliches and his glass is always less (or do I mean more?Double negitive?) than half empty. In fact I think he posts on here as a disgusied fan of Paul Mortimer.
  • Also seems to have flem stuck to his lips every time he talks.
  • all he ever says is "parhaps"
  • You'd think after last season that he'd stop whining about decisions that go agains them. Just hose two goals at Blackburn saved their bacon - and one or two other things went their way as well, if I recall!
  • [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]all he ever says is "parhaps"

Actually, he says "praps". Very annoying.
  • Generally Curbs has 'praps' the worse grammar and vocabulary of any native English speaker I've ever heard.

He made me cringe when he did interviews as Charlton manager.

He never fails for example to use the 3rd form of the verb inappropriately and to use an adjective in place of an adverb
    e.g. We done good
  • This is like listening to a bunch of old divorcees slagging off their ex-husbands.

"He couldn't say 'perhaps' properly! And I never did like him when he left his shirt hanging out too!"
  • He made no effort with my mum and dad but I had to treat his parents as king and bloody queen!
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Generally Curbs has 'praps' the worse grammar and vocabulary of any native English speaker I've ever heard.

He made me cringe when he did interviews as Charlton manager.

He never fails for example to use the 3rd form of the verb inappropriately and to use an adjective in place of an adverb
    e.g. We done good

It's more like a guide from Debrettes. Curbs mangles his English, and gets his worms wrong. Big deal Benny Hill. Fergusson, Moyes, and Davies speak some strange dialectual version of English but nobody slags off their incorrect use of "wore" for "our" and "folk" instead of people. It's what they do, how they do it and what they achieve that counts.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite] It's what they do, how they do it and what they achieve that counts.

exactly bing , who cares how the manager speaks what clothes he wears or what he drinks as long as the results are achieved, then fair play to the manager..........very sad that so many try to dig out the man who helped turn our club into something to be proud of ...still each to their own
  • I opened this thread in hope of finding another lifer with strong opinions on lumps of concrete used to seperate roads from pavements. I am so disappointed.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It's what they do, how they do it and what they achieve that counts.

exactly bing , who cares how the manager speaks what clothes he wears or what he drinks as long as the results are achieved, then fair play to the manager..........very sad that so many try to dig out the man who helped turn our club into something to be proud of ...still each to their own

Where are the "so many" digging him out then? All I said was that his use of the word "praps" was very annoying. Hardly a character assassination is it?
  • the geezer is a mug, i effin cant stand the sight of him nowadays, praps (see what i did there!) he is just smug cnut ! praps its cos he is westham now, and they annoy me, especially as they got that mug bellamy, cant stand that little turd neither!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]the geezer is a mug, i effin cant stand the sight of him nowadays, praps (see what i did there!) he is just smug cnut ! praps its cos he is westham now, and they annoy me, especially as they got that mug bellamy, cant stand that little turd neither!

A good, well-balanced and reasoned argument MCS.
  • You having a bad day, Ollie?
  • had one too many espressos today Ollie?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]You having a bad day, Ollie?

LOL