Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Our Day

One year and one day ago provided one of the most memorable match day experiences of my entire life; today was right up there.

It started off with a tour of The Valley as my little brother was a mascot for todays game, it was fantastic. We went into the boardroom, the mascots sat in the dug-outs, and then finally seeing my little brother wearing his Charlton goalkeeper top walking out with David Button. Amazing.

I was then surprised to find out that my father was the ball sponsor for todays game, meaning having photos taken before the game on the pitch and some wonderful hospitality, hosted by Bob Bolder and John Humphreys.

We were also treated to a great game of football. Led by a magnifique Frenchman.

At the end of the game I managed, along with my brother, to get on to the pitch, taking part in the lap of honour. We met every player and also SCP. Taking a picture with all of them. It was unbeliveable. It struck me just how down to earth our players are, all of them so welcoming. I spoke to Wagstaff, he will not be here next season. He didn't know where he was going yet, but he will try to find a club.

Then we went back into the suite only to find out that the pairs of sponsors had to vote for the man of the match. There was only one winner, so Kermorgant got the champagne, which we were pictured with.

We were then given a signed football and shirt aswell and to top it all off Kermorgant was with our table talking to us for around 30 minutes. He said that he loved it here, he's just bought a new house local to The Valley. He also mentioned that he quite likes a volley on the last day of the season!

Overall a truly astounding way to spend the last day of the season ... priceless!

Comments