Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Personal Computer Problems

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting
Been told my Ethernet driver isn't working, wouldn't connect to the Internet and there's no drivers on the PC to update it from.

Restored the PC to two days ago, now when you turn it on it just comes up with the Acer welcome screen, press delete for boot, F12 for setup, but nothing is responding!

WTF can I do to get my computer back?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    First up, don't buy an Acer next time.

You may have to take it to PC World or somesuch. At the very least they'll be able to back up your hard drives.
  • Leuth said:

First up, don't buy an Acer next time.

You may have to take it to PC World or somesuch. At the very least they'll be able to back up your hard drives.

Don't take it to PC stealers. Where are you based mate? Really sounds like the OS has corrupted during the restore or a hard drive error possibly but can't say anything without seeing it.
  • edited May 2013
    My brother can fix this if you pay him, after all, it is/was his job
  • Something definitely sounds corrupted. You're probably going to have to get your OS reinstalled.
  • Yeah, definilty seems like a fault with the OS.You should be able to do a factory reset when it boots up (by pressing one of the F keys) otherwise you can do a re-install for free with a USB stick or DVD which is relatively simple. Are there files on it that you require to keep? There is probably a way to keep the OS as it is but you'll have to pay for it.
  • Cheers guys, tried to reboot but it wasn't having it at first, so I got out my laptop, downloaded a reinstall and done it through that, seems to have done the trick, tinternet is back up and running too