Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

and another Q for Big Rob.

Rats, and lots of them.
Our current pest controller is just putting down a couple of boxes but we need something large scale.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Ask him if he uses contact dusts or contact gels mate. With normal baits, you're relying on the animal wanting to eat it, but with gels and dusts they get covered just by walking through it and ingest the poison when grooming themselves of each other (I use an ultra violet tracking dust first to find their runs, then whack the poison dust down). It has the same active ingredient as the grain/pasta baits. Obviously he's a professional, but the dust and/or gel should only be used where people and pets cannot come into contact with it eg; under kitchen units, in kitchen cupboards or under floorboards etc. Also after use the areas should be thoroughly cleaned.

• Cheers Rob.
    The problem we have is restaurants putting their rubbish out at night so when we come in at 5 there's hundreds of the little (and not so little) buggers everywhere.
  • Jack Russell & an air rifle should do the trick............

The air rifle was tried with pidgeons. Within 10 minutes armed Police arrived, the bloke had been spotted on town centre cctv.
    Oh how we laughed.
  • Done loads of air gunning in urban areas for feral pigeon, all you gotta do is let the local plod know and they issue you with a number.

Re Rats; yeah I use contact dust all the time and find it really useful.

The air rifle was tried with pidgeons. Within 10 minutes armed Police arrived, the bloke had been spotted on town centre cctv.
    Oh how we laughed.
    Phone Environmental Health at Greenwich ? Council. I'd imagine they would be down there as soon as.

Oh how we laughed.
    Phone Environmental Health at Greenwich ? Council. I'd imagine they would be down there as soon as.
    Be careful getting Environmental Health involved, especially if you're a business, they will come down, but only to confirm you have a problem, then insist on you sorting it within a set amount of time or they'll deal with it for you at a cost
  • Why not put up a sign saying "No rats or vermin allowed in this property".....that will shoo em away ;o)
  • Are you sure they arent Siberian Hamsters?

Oh how we laughed.

Although in the centre of Greenwich it's on private land, so our problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watch rat bstds on discovery if you think u have rat trouble
  • Deal with these all the tine out here, big boys.

• BIG_ROB said:

Deal with these all the tine out here, big boys.

at least our don't carry guns
  • BIG_ROB said:

at least our don't carry guns
    Pmsl

• BIG_ROB said:

Done loads of air gunning in urban areas for feral pigeon, all you gotta do is let the local plod know and they issue you with a number.

I've got real problems with feral piegons and squirrels here in Maidstone - that'll teach me to buy a house called 'The Oaks'. Pigeon and squirrel shit everywhere and causing damage to the cars paintwork and the pathways and patio look like they go on bombing runs.

If I use an air rifle is it best to inform Kent OB first? The house is quite secluded and the neighbours have similar problems.

Can I just put the bodies in the bins or should I sell them to the local KFC?
  • Addickted said:

BIG_ROB said:

Done loads of air gunning in urban areas for feral pigeon, all you gotta do is let the local plod know and they issue you with a number.

I've got real problems with feral piegons and squirrels here in Maidstone - that'll teach me to buy a house called 'The Oaks'. Pigeon and squirrel shit everywhere and causing damage to the cars paintwork and the pathways and patio look like they go on bombing runs.

If I use an air rifle is it best to inform Kent OB first? The house is quite secluded and the neighbours have similar problems.

Can I just put the bodies in the bins or should I sell them to the local KFC?
    Depends where your boundaries are mate and how built up your neighbourhood is, you normally only inform the police if you're on or near places that the public has access to. For piece of mind though, it won't hurt to let them know.

I'll be back in September and offer a free service for squirrel, rabbit and wood pigeon if you still have a problem then I'd be happy to help mate.
  • BIG_ROB said:

Looks like the weather where you are is still bad - climate change eh!