Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting short changed in pubs & bars

This happens to me more frequently than ever before.

There's a couple of barmaids (middle aged) in The Bugle, who tried it on every game last season.

Wembley Satdium last night I handed over a tenner for a £5 Carlsberg & got no change. But as soon as you call them out, they give it to you straight away. It's no mistake & there's no one you can realistically complain to, so they will always get away with it.

Anyone else or just me ?

Comments

• Options
    I've never had any problem in The Bugle. As for Wembley , being a Charlton Supporter I'm unlikely to find out .
  • Options
    Tried dropping a 50p into the pint pot as I was full out of pound coins the other week. Tried distracting her with convo but she was on it like a flash and knew from the sound of the drop #straightred
  • Options

Tried dropping a 50p into the pint pot as I was full out of pound coins the other week. Tried distracting her with convo but she was on it like a flash and knew from the sound of the drop #straightred

Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember when you could bung a load of coppers in and get away with it.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    A mate got sussed at Wycombe a couple of years ago, lobbing in foreign coins. I got dragged back by the collar & I was only going for a p*ss.

At least I didn't leave my wallet there :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Or your glasses case