Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

music cd purchases

where do you guys buy your music CDs?

I've always used play.com but has anyone found any good competitive sellers on line, that are better?

Comments

• Always thought Amazon was the cheapest and most efficient.
  • I like buying from HMV because I am traditionalist in that I like walking away from a shop with an item in my hands, but play is probably the most price effective, amazon appear to be going the way of iTunes
  • What is a CD???
  • DeeBee said:

I like buying from HMV because I am traditionalist in that I like walking away from a shop with an item in my hands, but play is probably the most price effective, amazon appear to be going the way of iTunes

RE the last sentence, really? Price wise is that? I never use Play so wouldn't know. I buy older CDs second hand on Amazon. Do Play do this and what are the prices like?
  • Buy? HA! Is it the 1990s again?
  • Wherever i can get it cheapest.
  • Amazon is good
  • Amazon or ebay. Used to use Play a fair bit but not so much now
  • Amazon
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

Wherever i can get it cheapest.

so you spend time searching but does that get you a good deal? what is the average price of a cd?
  • thanks for the input fellas.
  • HMV usually, used to be play.com but dont think they are as cheap anymore??

I do buy alot on itunes but sometimes its nice to have the cd rather then have to copy it onto a blank cd
  • Since I started driving I try to always buy the hard disk version
  • DeeBee said:

I like buying from HMV
    because I am traditionalist in that I like walking away from a shop with an item in my hands, but play is probably the most price effective, amazon appear to be going the way of iTunes

HMV usually, used to be play.com but dont think they are as cheap anymore??

I do buy alot on itunes but sometimes its nice to have the cd rather then have to copy it onto a blank cd

I agree with you both. which is why I also go for the hard stuff, because I like something to actually hold, feel and read.
  • How much does a new album cost on average on iTunes? I usually just buy a CD, put on iPod, copy it, then sell on eBay so only ends up costing a couple of quid.
  • Talal said:

How much does a new album cost on average on iTunes? I usually just buy a CD, put on iPod, copy it, then sell on eBay so only ends up costing a couple of quid.

Whatever it costs, soulseek can get it a lot cheaper.....guaranteed
  • Amazon or Sainsburys
  • Amazon. Just bought the new Beady Eye album and got next day delivery for nicks.
  • Talal said:

How much does a new album cost on average on iTunes? I usually just buy a CD, put on iPod, copy it, then sell on eBay so only ends up costing a couple of quid.

Just looked it up hadn't heard of it before. So you just download someone else's album, it's as simple as that? Can't be good for the industry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Talal said:

Just looked it up hadn't heard of it before. So you just download someone else's album, it's as simple as that? Can't be good for the industry.
    I call it recycling. Doing my bit for the environment ;)