Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 1st of July is Looming , are you getting worried?

Comments

• definitely not bricking it, there are more important things in life to worry about.

in relation to Haynes, who knows, we might re-sign him.
  • Waggy wanted to play games, Chrissy, quite rightly IMO, couldn't promise him games so I reckon it was Waggy who decided that it was time to move on. I happen to think it's the right decision for Waggy, but I'll very much miss his sunny warm personality. But as long as we've got a club and Chrissy and co, I'll remain quietly confident.
  • Waggy wanted to play games, Chrissy, quite rightly IMO, couldn't promise him games so I reckon it was Waggy who decided that it was time to move on. I happen to think it's the right decision for Waggy, but I'll very much miss his sunny warm personality. But as long as we've got a club and Chrissy and co, I'll remain quietly confident.

Waggy.said he would have re-signed in a heartbeat.
  • WSSWSS
    edited June 2013
  • WSS said:

Bloody hell! Where did you hear that from?
  • WSS said:

I heard that as well. Very worrying.
  • WSS said:

Good news imo
  • Could anyone PM what I missed here? Now it has been deleted, I dont know whether to worry or not!
  • WSS said:

Who does he currently play for?

• WSS said:

Who does he currently play for?

Until his injury. In La Liga.

• Sponsored links:

• Could anyone PM what I missed here? Now it has been deleted, I dont know whether to worry or not!

Seconded!
  • edited June 2013
    The Jiminez/Acworth network has signed 48 new players ready for next season .. a strictly under the hat job/need to know/eyes only until 1/7 then all will be revealed .. you'll have never heard of any of them but do not be a'feared .. never mind the quality, feel the width

Seconded!
    Wind up from me based on WSS . And I presume the same from Henry but its up to him to own up if I'm correct.

• Was really nothing.
  • cfgs said:

Although the window is closed you can sign anybody you want now, but they cannot play until after the next transfer window opens. So no effect on transfers done now, only unattached players can play before a transfer window.

The mention of the window opening is more to do with contracts ending, therefore being available on a free.

So by not signing people now, you are not paying them for doing nothing then? There are no games so not being able to play is completely irrelevant. If those on a free are not available until the window opens then clearly we are not able to sign them either. So unless I am being completely thick (stop sniggering at the back) there is nothing at all to read into "no signings" other than good business practice by not paying wages before you need to?
  • cfgs said:

Although the window is closed you can sign anybody you want now, but they cannot play until after the next transfer window opens. So no effect on transfers done now, only unattached players can play before a transfer window.

The mention of the window opening is more to do with contracts ending, therefore being available on a free.

So by not signing people now, you are not paying them for doing nothing then? There are no games so not being able to play is completely irrelevant. If those on a free are not available until the window opens then clearly we are not able to sign them either. So unless I am being completely thick (stop sniggering at the back) there is nothing at all to read into "no signings" other than good business practice by not paying wages before you need to?
    Not really.

If you sign early (ie before 1 July) yes you have to pay them earlier but you can sign players and have the contract start on 1 July if you and the player agree. And sometime deals are done and not announced but that is becoming less and less common with the 24 hour news and social media world we live in. For example the Danny Hollands deal from B'mouth to Charlton was done in March but it was announced on 24 May.

So no news most likely means no completed signings. It doesn't mean we've no enquired about lots of players or even got as far as negotiating fees and/or wages, just not done.

• cfgs said:

Not really.

If you sign early (ie before 1 July) yes you have to pay them earlier but you can sign players and have the contract start on 1 July if you and the player agree. And sometime deals are done and not announced but that is becoming less and less common with the 24 hour news and social media world we live in. For example the Danny Hollands deal from B'mouth to Charlton was done in March but it was announced on 24 May.

So no news most likely means no completed signings. It doesn't mean we've no enquired about lots of players or even got as far as negotiating fees and/or wages, just not done.

Quite surprised by the early Danny Hollands deal considering Bournemouth were well in the playoff hunt at that time, and were much more likely to win promotion to the Championship at the time.

Seconded!
    Wind up from me based on WSS . And I presume the same from Henry but its up to him to own up if I'm correct.

???
  • cafctom said:

cfgs said:

Not really.

Quite surprised by the early Danny Hollands deal considering Bournemouth were well in the playoff hunt at that time, and were much more likely to win promotion to the Championship at the time.
    More to many deals than just football. Location, money, long term status of club, facilities. Location for Hollands was important as his wife was expecting triplets plus we may have been offering more money : - )
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Early days. eThe economic situationand fair play gave changed the transfer dynamics. Nobody csn afford to oay wages of new players througyt the summer.

So why ditch the talented, and relatively cheap Waggy without a replacement lined up?
    CP decided that regardless of what business we do in the market Waggy was not required. Right or wrong decision is irrelevant to this thread. Waggy would have been paid till 30th June or when released his contract paid up.

Clubs also have to pay the July wages of players released at the end of their contract in June, unless they have secured another club in the meantime.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we can do ok with the present squad, so not worried.
  • Maybe we've signed several players, but are waiting for our managerial team to return from Turkey before announcing them, said he optimistically.
  • I think we can do ok with the present squad, so not worried.

How can we do alright with the present squad when we have one forward Kermy who is a starter. The rest are kids and people like Smith who are untried at Championship level. We need at least two maybe three forward players.

• Maybe we've signed several players, but are waiting for our managerial team to return from Turkey before announcing them, said he optimistically.

I hope your right Killer , hope we're not signing some right old turkeys!

• dickplumb said:

I think we can do ok with the present squad, so not worried.

How can we do alright with the present squad when we have one forward Kermy who is a starter. The rest are kids and people like Smith who are untried at Championship level. We need at least two maybe three forward players.

The rest of the squad would suffice, but of the forwards we had at the end of last season, 2 (Haynes and Fuller) were released and Obika was a loan player who's gone back, so we need 2/3 players in.
  • Haynes has turned down an offer from us thats all i personally think he may still appear
  • dickplumb said:

I think we can do ok with the present squad, so not worried.

I admit I know very little about football, but it's a nice feeling being an optimist.
  • edited June 2013

Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Early days. eThe economic situationand fair play gave changed the transfer dynamics. Nobody csn afford to oay wages of new players througyt the summer.

So why ditch the talented, and relatively cheap Waggy without a replacement lined up?
    CP decided that regardless of what business we do in the market Waggy was not required. Right or wrong decision is irrelevant to this thread. Waggy would have been paid till 30th June or when released his contract paid up.

Clubs also have to pay the July wages of players released at the end of their contract in June, unless they have secured another club in the meantime.
    Does that mean it makes sense to release them early so that they find another club to save us having to pay them in July?
  • Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Does that mean it makes sense to release them early so that they find another club to save us having to pay them in July?
    I think we are contractually obliged to pay, unless they find a club. The early release is just a clearing of the decks for all concerned, we can concentrate on getting replacements in and they can concentrate on finding new clubs.

I doubt Gower will pick up any CAFC wages until 1st July earliest even though we have announced his signature
  • Haynes has turned down an offer from us thats all i personally think he may still appear

It doesn't sound like he's coming back from his new twitter, thanking the players, staff and fans for his time here.