Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kasabian - Olympic Stadium

First "event" there since The Olympics. Early start today, leaving after the rugby. Anyone else going today ?

Comments

• Ain't at the stadium itself is it? I though it was at the Olympic park.

Would love to have gone but money and a lack of babysitters prevents that.
  • Good point. It does say Olympic Park, but for some reason I assumed it was in the stadium.
  • I'll be there today and tomorrow! Looking forward to Miles Kane, Weller and Alabama Shakes as well...and Bruce obviously!
  • Saw Paul Weller last night at the Brighton Dome. He was in top-form, great set.
  • On way now, buzzing for kasabian
  • Seen kassbian a few times now have to say the best time was at v-festival but every time I've seen them they get better
  • Wife's going to see Bruce Springsteen tomorrow
  • Got offered tickets for free by two lots of people today but the lack of a babysitter has meant I did my husbandly duty and let the wife go.
  • Kasabian were brilliant yesterday as was Weller. Managed to catch The View on one of the other stages too and they were pretty decent. Off to see Alabama Shakes and Bruce today!
  • edited June 2013
    Kasabian were excellent. They put on a better show than The Killers last week (just) & as usual blew away The Kings of Leon (who I saw at the O2 a couple of weeks ago.)

Not partial to the piss shower (as usual).

I missed The Cribs & The Klaxons as I gather they played in one of the tents.

Weller was decent towards the end, when he played A town called Palace :-) & That's Entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weller played WHAT??? Not even as a joke Covered End!!! :(
  • What was the venue like? Goin EDC London there in a couple of weeks.
  • edited June 2013

What was the venue like? Goin EDC London there in a couple of weeks.

It's the same as any park Hyde, Finsbury etc.

It was a longer walk than I was expecting from Stratford, as when you walk through Westfield & come out on the edge of The Olympic Park, you're directed "right round" to the other side, past the stadium & then back on yourself. In other words it takes about 20 mins to get to the main stage, when it looks like it should take 5. Not good when you're dying for a p*ss. This may/may not be enitrely due to there being a river in between (there is).

Tuborg/cider £5 a pint or £7.50 for 1.5 pints.

Burgers £4.50 or £7.50 for whoppers.

Standard stuff re toilets. There were massive queues for drinks after about 5pm. Luckily I had plenty before.

All in all 8 out of 10. All good apart from the unexpected walk.
  • What was the venue like? Goin EDC London there in a couple of weeks.

Tap East bar opposite Stratford International had a beer festival on yesterday - recommended if this is repeated.
    Olympic Park has loads of space, loads of food outlets, prices you'd expect, £5 a beer, £5-10 for nosebag.
    Vodaphone had a seating stand (golf style) which I think was open to anyone on that network.
    Inadequate beer facilities for venue this size. Expect 30 minutes queue to reach kiosk with staff on loan from cafc.

Saw The View in one of the smaller tents. Sound quality varied a lot depending where you stood. It was hot.
    Watched Weller from next to the mixing tent - Decent sound but slightly sanitised atmosphere.
    Watched Kasabian from close/left of stage - awesome sound, you'll feel the base through your body. Seriously impressive sound quality for a big outdoors gig. Showed Hyde Park up for the mickey mouse venue it is.

Overall, a good festival feel for an inner London venue and well worth the money.
    We had a lovely day, over 40,000 people.
  • Surely you jumped that queue?
  • MOBY DUCK said:

What was the venue like? Goin EDC London there in a couple of weeks.

Tap East bar opposite Stratford International had a beer festival on yesterday - recommended if this is repeated.
    Olympic Park has loads of space, loads of food outlets, prices you'd expect, £5 a beer, £5-10 for nosebag.
    Vodaphone had a seating stand (golf style) which I think was open to anyone on that network.
    Inadequate beer facilities for venue this size. Expect 30 minutes queue to reach kiosk with staff on loan from cafc.

Saw The View in one of the smaller tents. Sound quality varied a lot depending where you stood. It was hot.
    Watched Weller from next to the mixing tent - Decent sound but slightly sanitised atmosphere.
    Watched Kasabian from close/left of stage - awesome sound, you'll feel the base through your body. Seriously impressive sound quality for a big outdoors gig. Showed Hyde Park up for the mickey mouse venue it is.

Overall, a good festival feel for an inner London venue and well worth the money.
    We had a lovely day, over 40,000 people.
    moby, your talking bolloxs, are you sure there was 40,000 people :)
  • Cheers lads, looking forward to it
  • Surely you jumped that queue?

Fluorescent bibs marshalled the best places to jump - so just took our medicine with Miles Kane providing the background queuing music.
  • After 5pm, it basically took the length of the queue to drink a pint. So when you get one, just rejoin the back of the queue :-) Or get more than 1 pint :-)
  • moby, your talking bolloxs, are you sure there was 40,000 people :)
    Anything over 17,000 is a big day out now. There was so many people I didn't know what to do with myself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kasabian and Weller got the place rocking. I liked The Twangs who were in the Pepsi Max tent. Queues for a beer were massive so we had to double up.
  • the twang are decent! from birmingham I think? good band though with some quality tunes!
  • Wolverhampton.
  • Weller and Kasabian were awesome, decent venue, but the 45 minutes queue for drinks was lighten by the fact the girl behind the jump didn't charge us for 8 pints.....£40 saved!!! Steve Craddck in one of the tents was great too
  • think we got 12 beers for £60... 2 of us had to get them all back too, nightmare
  • The queue was easy to jump! I jumped in at the entrance and didn't even queue for 10 minutes. Yesterday was much easier though. Slightly different crowd and Bruce smashed it. Kasabian are still on another level to anyone I've seen live. Mad.
  • Went Springsteen last night and was a very quick flowing queue.

Strange venue, thought it was going to be in the stadium.

Bruce was brilliant, first time I've seen him and would definately want to see him again.

Loads of women in cut down denim shorts....cracking gig.
  • I only bought one beer there yesterday and the was no queue, then found out a friend has a back stage pass and she kept the beers flowing courtesy of the bands free bar ;-)

Alabama Shakes and the Black Crowes were magnificent, I left during Bruce who started well but played for too long for my liking.
  • Didn't bother with the support, 3 hours of Bruce giving it some was enough.