Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Euromillions

About time they sorted out the distribution of the prize money.

Got 5 numbers on Friday, (3 plus both lucky stars), received. . . . . . . . .

£42 ffs!

Comments

• better than a kick in the bollocks though. Just saying, like.
  • Only just!!
  • Just looked at the prize breakdown for Tuesday.

Match 3 + 1 star = £6.30
    Match 3 = £6.50

Eh!?
  • I got 4 numbers and one star last year and received £129 which I thought was pretty crap.
  • do the Irish .. fixed odds and prizes
  • Essex_Al said:

£42 ffs!

No, you got three numbers and two lucky stars.
    Totally different from getting 5 numbers.

• MrOneLung said:

Essex_Al said:

£42 ffs!

All I know is that 5 balls drawn out of the machine were on my ticket, and to recieve £42 for that is derisory.

My point is that instead of having ridiculous first prizes (over 100 million etc.), why don't they filter some of that money down the prize scale.

• Yeah thats pretty crap mate , I'd ask for your money back
  • Essex_Al said:

MrOneLung said:

Essex_Al said:

£42 ffs!

All I know is that 5 balls drawn out of the machine were on my ticket, and to recieve £42 for that is derisory.

My point is that instead of having ridiculous first prizes (over 100 million etc.), why don't they filter some of that money down the prize scale.

But two of the balls are only out of a possible 12 numbers so not that long odds really.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you were to win massive on the euromillions (im talking 150mil) would you buy Charlton??
  • edited July 2013

If you were to win massive on the euromillions (im talking 150mil) would you buy Charlton??

No chance.

• Id rather the kick in the bollocks. 2 more balls and you be a millionaire. Bit of a joke £42
  • Its not seen as a tax on the poor for nothing
  • If you were to win massive on the euromillions (im talking 150mil) would you buy Charlton??

I'd certainly have fun with £50 million of it, but £42 wouldn't even get me in to Bournemouth v Real Madrid! :-)

• I think the problem lies in the fact that the odds of getting a 3+2 are not as high as many people would assume.

It's tempting to look at it as 'I was only 2 balls short of the jackpot', but the fact is that you are almost 10,000 times more likely to get a 3+2 result that to win the jackpot.

Last Friday, there were 2,906 winners of the 3+2 prize - even if they were given £1,000 each this would be a huge chunk out of the jackpot, which was only around £12m. Higher jackpots probably sell more tickets than increasing 'smaller' prizes.

In my opinion, it would actually be better to remove some of the lower prize categories (e.g. 2, 2+1, 1+2), which have very low payouts per ticket, but very high prize funds due to the number of winners. This money could then be redistributed slightly higher up. The disadvantage is that this would significantly lengthen the headline 'odds of winning a prize' (1 in 13). Also, from a psychological point of view, giving away more smaller prizes probably makes more people feel like they are 'close' to winning big, and also helps them to justify future ticket purchases.
  • shine166 said:

Its not seen as a tax on the poor for nothing

But it's not.

id like to think id give the club some money for a player/players on the condition it was Powell’s to spend BUT by the time you sort out family and friends I’m not so sure it'd be that high on my to do list
  • edited July 2013
    Best thing to do with Lottery's is to put the money in a tin every week. At the end of the year you will have a minimum of £52 which is more than £42, plus you wouldn't have to moan about Euromillions.

SORTED!
  • shine166 said:

Its not seen as a tax on the poor for nothing

How can it be a tax on the poor if it's not compulsory?

• Sponsored links:

• The estimated payouts at each level are in the public domain, so why do it if you don't like the amounts?

Like it says above, it ain't compulsory.

Smiley faced thing, cos I ain't being nasty!