Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton make a signing at last

Charlton sign Pittuck

After leaving Charlton in 2005, Pittuck joined West Ham United, going on to become their all-time leading goalscorer, netting 37 goals in 77 games.

Despite that record, she was played in defence at Spurs, so she says her aims for the season are “to find some goals from somewhere”.

She added: “I’ve been playing centre-half for two years so I’m not sure what a forward is meant to do at the moment.

“But hopefully pre-season will sort that out and by the time the first game comes around, hopefully I can crack some goals in with Sheps.

“It will be nice to play further forward and doing my natural sort of game. Centre-half is a really frustrating position for me.”

Having played in the Premier League Southern Division for the previous two years, Pittuck knows what the league is all about.

And after struggling to sixth and eighth-place finishes with Tottenham, she is looking forward to challenging at the top of the table with her new club, admitting the time was right to make the move.

She said: “I thought I had taken Spurs as far as I could go and I needed to change myself and Sheps had been on at me for a good two or three months after the season had finished.

“[The division] gets harder every year; the pace seems to quicken and there are youngsters coming through that are so much quicker so you’ve got to try and keep yourself ahead of the game.

“It is a decent standard and hopefully we can push on and target the top spot. That would be the aim – in the twilight of our careers it would be good to go out with a bang.”

Comments

• underwhelmed.
  • Charlton sign Pittuck

After leaving Charlton in 2005, Pittuck joined West Ham United, going on to become their all-time leading goalscorer, netting 37 goals in 77 games.

Despite that record, she was played in defence at Spurs, so she says her aims for the season are “to find some goals from somewhere”.

She added: “I’ve been playing centre-half for two years so I’m not sure what a forward is meant to do at the moment.

“But hopefully pre-season will sort that out and by the time the first game comes around, hopefully I can crack some goals in with Sheps.

“It will be nice to play further forward and doing my natural sort of game. Centre-half is a really frustrating position for me.”

Having played in the Premier League Southern Division for the previous two years, Pittuck knows what the league is all about.

And after struggling to sixth and eighth-place finishes with Tottenham, she is looking forward to challenging at the top of the table with her new club, admitting the time was right to make the move.

She said: “I thought I had taken Spurs as far as I could go and I needed to change myself and Sheps had been on at me for a good two or three months after the season had finished.

“[The division] gets harder every year; the pace seems to quicken and there are youngsters coming through that are so much quicker so you’ve got to try and keep yourself ahead of the game.

“It is a decent standard and hopefully we can push on and target the top spot. That would be the aim – in the twilight of our careers it would be good to go out with a bang.”

Shouldn't this be in the "would ya" section?

:-)
  • How tall is she?
  • Expect more of a gentleman like you @LenGlover ;-)
  • Charlton sign Pittuck

Spurs manager doesn't sound too clever. Let's sign their record scorer and play them in defence!
  • For those wondering...
  • Can I be the first to grumble that I don't like that shirt and the sponsor looks rubbish.
  • She looks like a bloke with that shaved head.
  • We must be skint.
  • Sponsored links:

• F**k the Championship lets invest in the women's team for 2013.