Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Photographs that do not reflect a persons image.

Saw these photos while doing some research of my hero, and they made me laugh......
Some how I do not connect Jimi hendrix with cooking meals, and sitting in the bath fully clothed?
at his London flat, the man who rarely played an encore was quite shy off stage, except where woman were concerned.
Anyone else seen images that almost are at odds with the image?
Perhaps he will come round and help me with select some curtain's for my new house?

Comments

• Good stuff, Ken - Is he tipping his fag into that saucepan? You know there are blue plaques marking where Hendrix lived in Brook Street, Mayfair, and where Handel lived more than 200 years previously - right next door to each other.
  • Excellent Ken. From Purple Haze to Purple Drapes.
  • Yep , know that flat well the stairs are lethal, He lived there with Cathy Etchingham his first girl friend in London.
    Went there before the blue plaques, and when it first opened and last year, when they had the photo collection.
  • Not "your" photos are they?
  • I suppose the famous Einstein sticking his tongue out fits the bill, but I guess you were looking for something a bit more obscure Ken?

Sorry to be a complete dunce, but who are they?

Ozzy and Sharon I'm guessing.

They're a twee middle aged couple - check out the soft furnishings.

Or it could be Brummy Ozzy and his missus, presumably before he tried to kill her or fell off his quad bike!

• Sponsored links:

• The Osbornes (not George!)

I read the link...

;)

• That well known europhile
  • Off_it said:

They're a twee middle aged couple - check out the soft furnishings.

Or it could be Brummy Ozzy and his missus, presumably before he tried to kill her or fell off his quad bike!

Oh Jesus, I see what you mean...! He looks like her steroid-pumping, slightly sub-normal son.

• redcarter said:

That well known europhile

Giles Brandreth in a blonde wig?
  • Even rock stars have relatives Part One - matching your clothes to your parents furnishings is always a good idea!
  • Even rock stars have relatives Part two - A candlelight dinner with granny (Pass the cocaine dish please Grandmother.)
  • cafcfan said:

Even rock stars have relatives Part One - matching your clothes to your parents furnishings is always a good idea!

Note Alfred Hitchcock in the background, as always, casting his beady eye on the proceedings. Judging by the bob of Hitch's moll, that's an Alex Katz.

• LoOkOuT said:

One of my favourites:

That's quite surreal?
    Love the Zappa one's as well.
    I was listerning to more of his stuff yesterday, such a talented guy, but full of nonsense at times!, almost too clever for his own sake!
    No they are not my jimi photographs never met, jimi, or saw him play.......
    Met Frank once though, we talked all the time about classical music at Pierre Boulez's studio in Paris, his first love was avant garde classical music, or so he told me.
    I suggested that he produce the rite of spring by Stravinsky, with Choreography......at the proms.
    He smiled and said we still banned from there apparently?

• Sponsored links:

Weird ears on the guy on the left; who he? Ed. Going to have wild punt on guy on the right: Craig Charles? Naah.

• LoOkOuT said:

One of my favourites:

That's quite surreal?
    I was listerning to more of his stuff yesterday, such a talented guy, but full of nonsense at times!, almost too clever for his own sake!
    Met Frank once though, we talked all the time about classical music at Pierre Boulez's studio in Paris, his first love was avant garde classical music, or so he told me.
    I suggested that he produce the rite of spring by Stravinsky, with Choreography......at the proms.

A big influence on Zappa was an avante garde classical composer called Edgar Varese apparently. I once tried listening to some of Varese's music which is complex and disconsonant and soon gave up!
    FZ and the Mothers were banned from the Royal Albert Hall for some of their risque lyrics - I expect he was referrring to that. Crap for me, I had tickets but the show never went ahead. But at least Zappa was out and about outside the RAH explaining to the fans what had happened and apologising for their wasted journeys.
  • cafcfan said:

LoOkOuT said:

One of my favourites:

That's quite surreal?

A big influence on Zappa was an avante garde classical composer called Edgar Varese apparently. I once tried listening to some of Varese's music which is complex and disconsonant and soon gave up!
    FZ and the Mothers were banned from the Royal Albert Hall for some of their risque lyrics - I expect he was referrring to that. Crap for me, I had tickets but the show never went ahead. But at least Zappa was out and about outside the RAH explaining to the fans what had happened and apologising for their wasted journeys.
    yeah remember it well, he was into his bowler hat period?
    Something about getting the Orchestra to shout out some 'exotic words'........
    I think it the next couple of years his classical/orchestral music will be featured in the proms season.
  • During a big gig, Zappa famously stopped the band mid-song, gave them a few smart words, and began again from the top.