Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palma Violets

edited July 2013 in Not Sports Related
I know there are a number of people into their music on here.

I've heard that this band are on the up and quite topical at the moment.

A friend of a friend apparently has something to do with them and I just want to know a bit more about them.

Anything really: are they any good, type of music , names of personnel and instruments played so I can contribute to a conversation rather than be the sixties / seventies relic I normally am musically.

Comments

• They used to be my favourite sweets.
  • Think Zola used to play for them.
  • Google Palma Violets and hey presto, everything you need to know.

Signed to Rough Trade

From Lambeth.

Album 180 Out Now.
  • Love this band ...superb debut album ...highly recommended from me
  • Average band, way to hyped up.
  • Curb_It said:

They used to be my favourite sweets.

Yuck! Hated them. Always thought that's what perfume would taste like.
  • Were on the longlist of BBC's sound of 2013. Lot of hype from them and the NME for their debut album, and went down pretty well.

'Best of Friends' was voted by NME as the best song of 2012. Their album reached 11 in the UK charts too.
  • disgusting sweet if purple had a taste that would be it
  • Were on the longlist of BBC's sound of 2013. Lot of hype from them and the NME for their debut album, and went down pretty well.

'Best of Friends' was voted by NME as the best song of 2012. Their album reached 11 in the UK charts too.

Recently worked with the guy who produced that record and track.
  • I preferred Mojos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Purple Hearts were better! :-D
  • Have to say I did not expect this thread to have been started by you Len! ;-)

No idea of your musical tastes, or propensity to loud rock with a bit of psychedelia thrown in. This was the first single - Best of Friends - that NME made their single of the year. Despite that, it's actually pretty good!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poFXWUTEs1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Nan's sweets...
  • Sherbet Lemons
  • Libertines wannabes
  • edited July 2013

disgusting sweet if purple had a taste that would be it

Agreed that these are bloody awful sweets! First time I tasted 1 I thought they had been dipped in perfume.

However, I won't have owt said about the flavour of the colour purple! Not while purple fruity pops lollys are about! :-D

As for the band....like George Harrison said of The B-Sharps in The Simpsons, "It's been done!"