Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Short break, somewhere not to warm please!

Have not been on holiday for years

And i fancy going away for 4/5 nights, somewhere out of the UK Pref.

Need

1. Something with a simular climate to ours, not to hot or somewhere colder would be good

2. Nice scenery, plenty of shops and things to do places to see, something with good places to drink / nightclub.

3. City or costal area's are fine

4. In europe please :P

Any help would be great :) many thanks guys

Comments

• Depends what you into but went to centre parcs in Normandy. Quite cheap and really nice. Or alternatively honfleur Normandy again very nice booked that through holiday lettings
  • need to be able to fly there, dont drive im afraid
  • Prague? Or Berlin is an amazing city. Loads to do, and easy to get around
  • Stockholm
  • Iceland

Been looking there
  • Loads to do there and the scenery is amazing but the eating and drinking can be costly...
  • Paris, Amsterdam and Prague all have lots of culture. Dublin had some great night life and the friendliest people, expensive but worth it if your looking for good food, beer and company.
  • Scandinavia? Ireland?

Have a gander at Easyjet, Ryanair etc and see where they fly to and would fit your criteria.
  • Iceland

Been looking there
    Seriously pricey once you are there.

Croatia. Dubrvnik
  • Sponsored links:

• Berlin is superb.
  • Iceland

Been looking there
    Iceland gets my vote. Brilliant place but very expensive .

Copenhagen is very cool and lots to see and do

Budapest is excellent fun but can get hot in summer

Rome - again can get warm but lots to see and do if you don't drive

• Tallin - Estonia
  • it's summer in Europe/the northern hemisphere, most places regarded as usually 'cold' will be warm to hot. Go well north young man .. Scandinavia is expensive, Siberia is remote ... errrrrrr ...... Slovenia might be just the ticket, although it is not really north if you see what I mean .. wherever you go have fun, after years without a holiday you deserve some
  • OK, extra question. I have got £100 voucher to spend on either KLM, Air France, or Delta. I have to spend it within 11 months. What should I do?
  • seth plum said:

OK, extra question. I have got £100 voucher to spend on either KLM, Air France, or Delta. I have to spend it within 11 months. What should I do?

Err ..... spend it.

• Was gonna say Croatia or of coarse France
  • Where can I go from London on those Airlines for just £100, or do I need to add money to it? France is absolutely out of the question, as is Spain, as it anywhere in the old eastern bloc.
  • seth plum said:

Where can I go from London on those Airlines for just £100, or do I need to add money to it? France is absolutely out of the question, as is Spain, as it anywhere in the old eastern bloc.

Amsterdam on KLM
  • Channel Islands?

Jersey and Guernsey both have nightclubs in their capitals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seth - not sure where you're based, but Air France have loads of flights out of City. You'll definitely need to add to the £100, but great choices

http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/local/resainfovol/meilleuresoffres/promo_lcy.htm

Matt - I really enjoyed Lisbon. Plenty of sights around the City, it's on the coast and, as you don't drive, a decent train service up & down the coast to other really nice towns like Cascais and Estoril.
  • RyanAir to Killarney from Luton, good pubs, shopping centre and all the scenery you could handle. Good hotels some with entertainment (Gleneagles) coach trip around the Ring of Kerry ect.
  • Cheers Tel, good link.
  • Copenhagen or Prague.
  • would love
    TelMc32 said:

Matt - I really enjoyed Lisbon. Plenty of sights around the City, it's on the coast and, as you don't drive, a decent train service up & down the coast to other really nice towns like Cascais and Estoril.

Would love Lisbon but the other half will not be able to take the heat. can just about bare with the hot weather here at the moment but spending most of the time in doors.
  • Prague is hotter than the UK in summer.

The North German coast has lovely beaches and never too hot. But when we were there it rained a lot. Lubeck is a great base for it, and I think has direct flights from the UK
  • Years since I've been away, but if you can cope with the general priciness Scandinavia is good - Sweden is good for lakes and islands and Norway for mountains, there are mountains within Oslo's admittedly large city limits and more right next to Bergen. It gets more expensive the further north you go. Failing that, why not have a look at the Baltic countries, Latvia Lithuania Estonia - coastal so not too hot, and should be cheapish.
    Would also recommend Berlin - loads to see and do, though it may feel quite hot this time of year.
  • krakov or Poznan
  • LenGlover said:

Channel Islands?

Jersey and Guernsey both have nightclubs in their capitals.

Seconded. Jersey (St Helier) has the kind of nightclub where you could take your mum so you'd be fine with the girlfriend. Also great beaches, amazing history and the charlton pub as often mentioned

• Matt have you considered San Sebastian, appears to tick everything you want.
    seth plum said:

France is absolutely out of the question, as is Spain, as it anywhere in the old eastern bloc.

Why?